Fiddler injury Update....

Hattikins

Visit site
For anyone who is remotely interested and/or kindly replied to my frantic post a few days ago...

he got lamer over the days after his sudden lameness and there was still not obvious pulse/heat in his foot, so took him up to the vets, they nerve blocked his foot and he went sound, so that rules out any recurring suspensory injury (phew!!) but it does mean noone has a clue what is wrong in his foot!!

He is now half way through a week of box rest on bute and he HATES it !!!!!!!
crazy.gif
blush.gif
He is still slightly lame in walk on bute so we have a feeling its something more sinister than just a tweak or strain
frown.gif
If he isnt sound off bute on Thursday, then its back to the vets for another look, X rays and goodness knows what else
frown.gif

Horses are such a great leveller - last weekend i was on the biggest high ever, two days later i have a mysteriously lame horse that's getting worse and everything is ever so slightly beginning to go belly up - AGAIN!!
blush.gif

So we'll see - that's the story so far on Fiddler....

Jemayni

Visit site
Well at least it isnt the suspensory problem! My horse damaged cartilage in his hoof last year, he was very lame, but once diagnosed, it took next to no time to resolve! Good luck!

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Oh no! Well at least it isn't the suspensory again though.

Finni did a mystery foot injury a couple of years ago, nothing showed up on xrays, so was assumed to be digital flexor tendon, had hideously expensive injections for it
frown.gif

Eventually, he came sound suddenly after 4 weeks, when he had a bout of colic and he decided that hurt more and forgot all about his foot
wink.gif

Good luck hun
smile.gif

vic07

Visit site
could still be an abscess. Our foal had one that burst over the top of her coronet - took about 2 weeks of serious lameness and poulticing. Poor lad. Hope he comes right soon. Horses are sent to try you.

helenandshadow

Visit site
Oh no!! Poor Fiddly
frown.gif

Hope you find out what it is and it isn't anything too serious
crazy.gif
at least it isn't a suspensory injury again though.
Fingers crossed for you xxxx