Field management again!!!!

Claireg9

Visit site
Was fuming last night,
Went to put girl out, after walking over building rubble and risking punctured feet (A daily occurance... i can either put the horse on my back or if i dont like it the gate isnt locked!)
I put her out and the poo picking machine has been left in there field.
Whilst the owners may be alright with leaving there horse in a field of machinary i most certainly am not!
I thought they'd move it that night, but this morning it was till there!
There never there to talk too and im starting to get very mad. Why should i pay all this money for insafe fields?
Should i say something or am i over reacting?
Opinions please.
Thanks x

GinaB

Visit site
I don't think you're over reacting. I would like the thought of my horse (when I get one!) being in a field with machinary you never know what could go wrong!

Radwaymare

Visit site
I'm with you there, Our YO thinks its appropriate to leave a tractor with one of those hay spinning things on the back in our field the other week AND then left the gate onto the main road wide open leaving only an electric fence preventing them from escaping.

Tia

Visit site
Personally it wouldn't bother me one iota - the machinery is far more likely to be damaged than the horse in my experience.

I often allow my horses into the corral where I will have a tractor, truck, trailer etc. They are all used to them and (apart from Spotty Horse who I KNOW will try to demolish anything new) don't get into mischief.

Not far from me there is a tiny paddock, about an acre; there are 3 large horses living in this tiny paddock.........along with a washing machine, tumble dryer, hay-making equipment and metal sheeting!
shocked.gif
I always take my time in driving by as these horses astonish me - they are some of the nicest horses I have seen, in beautiful condition and they never have a mark on them.

Sometimes we can be tooooo molly-coddly I think. Horses generally aren't that stupid. As the yard owner, I would be more concerned with my machinery being broken or played with.

JM7

Visit site
overreacting...she'll keep away from it.......

poo-picking machine...cor, i'd love one of those.....

mine share the small paddock with an old lister balerlift..4 cattle round feeders and an old diesel tank...which is very good for scratching on, apparently!!!

never had a war-wound on any of them....