Field rent

Leam_Carrie

Visit site
Hello,
Any estimates for what 2.75 acres of grazing with shelters, hard standing area and track could be rented at a month?
Sadly a change in personal circumstances mean me and my horse will be moving. Trying to work out if worth renting to try and recoup the thousands spent on hard standing, shelters etc.
Should mention there are multiple oak trees which may well put people off. On a plus it is old pasture so low fat.
Equally could try and sell shelters, but not so much the tonnes and tonnes of hardcore.
No school, but some nice lanes to hack on and comp venues / school to hire in hacking distance
Thanks for any suggestions.

Winstons Mum

New User
Visit site
I would think around £200 a month in total, guess would accommodate 2 horses? Really depends on the area, I am in the Forest of Dean so might be a bit cheap? On the other hand it sounds fab so if local to me, let me know!!!

chaps89

Visit site
I effectively pay £150 pcm for an acre and a half, 2 field shelters, storage shed and mains water in Bucks. Fencing is maintained by YO, any other field maintenance and muck removal is covered by me. That’s very cheap for round here! £3 or 400 is more the norm for a few acres and storage etc etc
If there’s a track, hard standing and good hacking even in the midlands it’s got to be £200/250 surely?!

I'm Dun

Visit site
I pay £200 for nearly 3 acres and 2 stables in a part of the world where livery varies between £20 a week and £60 a week. I keep 3 on it easily but do hay most of the year. No electric which is fine, no water which is much less fine!

vannersrus

Visit site
I pay £250 a month for 6 acres with water on site. No other facilities but very good natural shelter. 3 oak trees that we tape off till acorns gone .
Worcestershire.

teddypops

Visit site
How much is diy livery in your area? Renting a field should be cheaper than the cost of livery which is why people with multiple horses look for sole use yards/ fields. I pay £300 pm for 20+ acres, 6 stables with electric and water, a school and masses of storage. It will depend on your area and how many people looking to rent.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
If the hacking was good then I was paying £180 pcm for something similar about 10years ago in East Lothian(which is not especially cheap for livery). I currently pay £10 per head per week for a field only. if I was looking for something for sole use now I’d be happy to spend £200 pcm on something like that, probaBly more for a track and hardstanding.
teddypops that is very cheap-whereabouts are you? I was renting a yard with 12 acres post and rail, a nice school and 5 stables for £600pcm 8 years ago, again East Lothian-two of us split it.

teddypops

Visit site
If the hacking was good then I was paying £180 pcm for something similar about 10years ago in East Lothian(which is not especially cheap for livery). I currently pay £10 per head per week for a field only. if I was looking for something for sole use now I’d be happy to spend £200 pcm on something like that, probaBly more for a track and hardstanding.
teddypops that is very cheap-whereabouts are you? I was renting a yard with 12 acres post and rail, a nice school and 5 stables for £600pcm 8 years ago, again East Lothian-two of us split it.
Gloucestershire