Filled legs

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Has anyone found a good solution for filled legs? Our in-foal mare, who had a fairly horrendous encounter with barbed wire as a 4 year old, and scarring that is still very clear on her hind legs, has been coming out of her stable at the end of the day with her hind legs visibly filled. She is currently stabled during the day due to heat/flies, but obviously needs to be moving about more than is possible in her stable .... She is only 3 months in foal, so I'm a bit worried about how things are going to be when she's significantly heavier in late pregnancy. Has anyone found massage/magnetic boots/any other approach works? SUggestions received with thanks!
smirk.gif

Lynz25

Visit site
My horse a couple of weeks ago had both legs just ballon up so that he could hardly move the fetlocks. The vet advised me to do the following which has worked in his case. Cold water hosing and massage them whilst doing so, the I bandaged them for compression and took him out for a wander on flat ground. They went back down to normal within 4 days. Don't know if this may help of not?