Filly update

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
Well I have spent a lot of time with her this week and we have a bond now. She trusted me enough to trim the hair away from the wounds under her jaw and let me treat them - major progress.

During the week I had brought our 2yr old filly up to the yard so that she had company and could also have a familiar friendly face when we turned her out. This worked well and the two fillies played together and became friends.

Today we turned her out in the big field with the ladies (inc her 2 yr old buddy). It was a very tense and scary few moments I can tell you! She hadn't met electric fencing before and it took just one big zap for her to learn that one!

Lots of snorts, squeels, ooohs, aaahs, bucks, farts and galloping abouts from the herd... very scary for a few minutes but then Dr Green beckoned and all was quiet. When the galloping about got a bit too scary for her, it was me she came to at the fence line, for a bit of reassurance I think. She wouldn't let me touch her but if I remained still she would sniff me all over.

We were all stood there with our jaws dropped everytime she trotted - it was just awesome and gave me that warm feeling again
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

She will stay out untouched for a month now and will hopefully start to forget some of the nasty stuff. Just before Christmas we will get her in again and start from the very beginning, the nice way.

Ive been too busy this week to get snappy with the camera but I will endeavour to take some and post tomorrow.

Thankyou to everyone on here for your kind words of support, I've had oodles of PM's from you - I didn't realise quite how many friends I had on here! - Thankyou.

Natalie_H

Visit site
Great news! I was very sorry to read your first post about her condition when you went to collect her, & I am glad that she is settling with you & receiving the care & attention that she deserves!

icestationzebra

Visit site
So lovely to hear... it always amazes me quite how trusting horses can be - after what happened to her she was looking to you for safety. You must be very happy and of course relieved. Well done. Look forward to seeing the photos.

S_N

Visit site
Oooo golly, I've totally missed this - can you point me in the direction of the post about her please! I've been away, so have missed quite a lot!

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
I can't seem to find my original post
confused.gif
Do admin tell you if they delete your posts or does it just mysteriously disappear?
confused.gif

If you can find it it's title is "The truth about my new filly" or something along those lines. If admin 'did' delete it, I would be interested to know why as I don't believe I broke any HHO rules (if I did then I apologise, it certainly wasn't intentional).

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
That is brilliant news; she's come round very quickly after her ordeals, bless her. Will love to see pic's of her now she's home with you when you've time, she looked lovely in the ones before she was weaned!

BTW, I can't find that post either, well not in your profile anyway but I can't have thought any T & Cs were broken at all - even so, it deserved to be said so why have they deleted it as it was only a record of what had happened, not a fabrication? I mean you will be telling anyone who asks about her what's happened so it's not a secret, HHO won't be to blame for you shouting it from the rooftops to your friends will they?
frown.gif
confused.gif

Allykat

Visit site
That is so good to hear
smile.gif

You have made good progress in such a short time....she will come good in the end and I think by then your bond will be unbreakable
smile.gif

Tia

Visit site
How bizarre for the original thread to be taken down - it does seem to have disappeared
confused.gif
. Someone must have complained about it?? Perhaps a bit too close for comfort for them??

Anyway I am soo pleased for you that there don't appear to be any lasting bad effect on this little one - sounds like you got her in the nick of time! Onwards and upwards
smile.gif

ruscara

Visit site
I am so glad to read this - sounds like you are doing exactly the right things to gain her trust, and put things right for her. I am so pleased for both of you.