Final April weekend plans

millitiger

Visit site
What is everyone up to?

We have BD tomorrow; I've jumped into the deep end and we're attempting Medium 76 at our second go doing Mediums.
I felt slightly mad when I looked and saw we enter in canter which feels very serious 🙈
However the test looks like it will flow well and we do it for fun so why not have a crack at it??

Then I think boxing up to go to the Black Mountains for some proper off road hacking on Sunday as the ground should have dried up well this week 🤞

Have fun all!

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I was meant to be at BN 2nd rounds but I have hit the deck 4 times in 2 confidence giving (ha ha) tune up rides, and Lottie is clearly telling me she is not ok. So instead I will be there supporting, and Lottie is booked into to horsepital for a work up on Tuesday. The highs and lows of horse-ownership, eh.

j1ffy

Visit site
I'm back on board after hock injections for Chilli and a holiday for me. Vet reassessed a couple of days ago and was delighted with the improvement in his canter transitions on the lunge, so fingers crossed that flows through to the ridden work! I think I'll take him for a good hack to get the tickle out of his toes (you wouldn't think he's out 16 hours a day with a herd in a 15 acre field 😆) then have a go in the school.

We did go for a hack around the village on Wednesday evening post-vet. The village is a mile down the lane, then we do a circuit and back up the lane. He's started doing a big spook / nap as we get to the village and did it again - I had to go in reverse for 50 metres to get to the village. I figured it's because the village is a bit more stressful than a country lane and he didn't fancy it, but he marched around including past a full film shoot, and then spooked / napped at the same spot on the way home! As it's the only way back to the yard we did our moonwalking manoeuvre again...the neighbours must think we're mad.

I can't see anything that would spook him, we've had the odd incident there with footballs and strimming behind hedges and a terrifying green mat on the floor but nothing worse than any other part of the village. Any ideas?!

ihatework

Visit site
I have just had my first sit on a horse since before Christmas, 5yo who has just been restarted and was a very compliant RDA pony for me this morning :p

Sunday appears mega busy - 2 venues and 2 different animals! Early start at Cirencester for 4-legged pony variety, followed by afternoon agility competing for 4-legged canine variety.

Alibear

Visit site
Today was supposed to start with the farrier, but that's moved to tomorrow afternoon. So, I'm schooling this evening and then hopefully find someone to hack out with over the weekend. I think we're both still knackered from last weekend.

SEL

Visit site
I've just been on a 2 day equine myofascial release course which was my favourite CPD ever - need to sort my horses out but instead I'm sitting on a bench feeling totally zen! Also got my ongoing neck issue sorted by the practitioner so another plus.

It looks a really wet weekend here so I'm not sure about plans. I need to get the track up around the summer fields and I'm still struggling with the right canter on baby cob. Vet says he's fine but my radar is twitchy. Could just be growing pains but he was fine until he hurt himself in the field and now he's not fine so.........

humblepie

Visit site
I've just been on a 2 day equine myofascial release course which was my favourite CPD ever - need to sort my horses out but instead I'm sitting on a bench feeling totally zen! Also got my ongoing neck issue sorted by the practitioner so another plus.

It looks a really wet weekend here so I'm not sure about plans. I need to get the track up around the summer fields and I'm still struggling with the right canter on baby cob. Vet says he's fine but my radar is twitchy. Could just be growing pains but he was fine until he hurt himself in the field and now he's not fine so.........
I did a very sort course as part of a weekend training - drawback was OH was watching and kept trying to do myodascial release on me. I don’t have enough skin for that !

• Haha
Reactions: SEL

Kirstd33

Visit site
I’ve found a share! Can’t believe it really but a few days after I was bemoaning the fact that coblet is out of action going in for his annular ligament surgery next week and I’d have nothing to ride. A local lady advertised for a share due to her and her mum having 3 horses needing exercise, so I met her and the horses last weekend, rode her 15.1 TB twice last weekend and her 16.2 ID on Tuesday! Both lovely horses and fabulous hackers and my daughter can join me at weekends for us to ride one each whilst she rides her 17.3 OTT TB. Honestly can’t believe it, so we’re both riding out again tomorrow afternoon with her, cant wait! Meanwhile coblet is getting ready to go in for his surgery next Tuesday so he’s being clipped this weekend and having some pampering!

SEL

Visit site
I did a very sort course as part of a weekend training - drawback was OH was watching and kept trying to do myodascial release on me. I don’t have enough skin for that !
My OH keeps pestering me - nope, he's not a horse 😁🤣

I am about to hunt around for a human practitioner for me though. I have regular physio but my neck has been an ongoing issue and it's a million times better after just being a demo model.

Before we assessed wonky horses we assessed humans - and we're all just as wonky!!

Michen

Visit site
I was meant to be at BN 2nd rounds but I have hit the deck 4 times in 2 confidence giving (ha ha) tune up rides, and Lottie is clearly telling me she is not ok. So instead I will be there supporting, and Lottie is booked into to horsepital for a work up on Tuesday. The highs and lows of horse-ownership, eh.
Hoping for something super simple xx

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Gutted for you - hope you get a clear and resolvable answer