Finally! A little something to have a watch of this afternoon...

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Having tried numerous times to upload Sunday's videos to Photobucket I have finally succeeded! :)
So here's our SJ round. Clear despite taking a stride out down the final line! :eek: (meant to be 5 long from planks to double and then 1 long in between double followed by 4 short strides downhill to the final fence! Whereas Mr Cleverpants decided to go on 3 strides instead of 4 cueing a quick sit up hold your breathc from me but luckily we scraped over! ;))

And here is fence 1 of the XC (not that we got very much further but hey...;))

Thanks for looking :) CC welcome as I'm sure there is plenty!

Supanova

Visit site
I think it was on the whole a very nice round! The fences are too small for him and you both look capable of much more! You sit in a good position and the only minor cc i would give is that I think you could do with using a bit more leg and riding him a bit more forward and up into your hand. I think that because he seems quite forward and strong, you are not putting quite enough leg on and therefore he is a little bit unbalanced at times and it caused the minor little chip that he put in at one fence.

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
I think it was on the whole a very nice round! The fences are too small for him and you both look capable of much more! You sit in a good position and the only minor cc i would give is that I think you could do with using a bit more leg and riding him a bit more forward and up into your hand. I think that because he seems quite forward and strong, you are not putting quite enough leg on and therefore he is a little bit unbalanced at times and it caused the minor little chip that he put in at one fence.

Thanks Supanova :D

Yes I find it hard as psycologically when he goes fast I think oohh take my leg off!! ;)
Definately some good advice there which I will try out next time we jump :)
And the fences were 90cms as it was an intro class :) Hoping to do NC by the end of the year but I'm not 100% confident and have a horrible fear that we will get in the ring and he will knock everything down as the fences are too big for him :( x

Supanova

Visit site
You really don't need to be nervous. It was a very nice and well ridden. Both of you look more than capable of doing a NC!

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Thanks :) Currently looking into schedules for BSJA at our local EC.
Do you reckon it would be too much to do a 1m05 first followed by a NC so that we would feel a bit more confident? He's ODE fit at the moment but i wouldn't want to puch it over the bigger jumps...x

Supanova

Visit site
Absolutely. I always do two classes and definitely better to do a small one first incase they are a bit spooky. If you are really worried why don't you find a show where there is a Disco before the Newcomers and then you only have to jump 1m?

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Absolutely. I always do two classes and definitely better to do a small one first incase they are a bit spooky. If you are really worried why don't you find a show where there is a Disco before the Newcomers and then you only have to jump 1m?

That's a good idea :) I was also thinking of possible hiring out the venue we wuld go to and just having a school around the jumps that they have there (he has been there numerous times before but that way we could put them at the height we wanted) and perhaps school round them at 1m05 - 1m10? :eek: