Finally, a (very minor) report!

kerilli

Visit site
Just back from taking Katy to Training Show at Arena UK. I've never been before, wow, what a great set-up, nothing like I expected, I think the negative report I read on here was very out of touch! lovely arenas, fab surface, great set of (championship) jumps, wooo hoo.
Just wanted to have a play round a full sj course with different bits. warmed up in snaffle then tried full-cheek waterford for the first time - i've discounted this in the past for some reason because i thought it wouldn't be enough. should have tried it before because she loved it, accepted it, didn't try to hollow and zoom off at all.
only jumped a couple of tiny things in warm-up (no one there to change the fences) but then went into big arena and wandered around while they changed the course to my height (i.e. put it down a foot!), i was happy to play over 3' ish, she's not jumped a course since last June and tbh it's all about the control, and not rushing - the size of the fences doesn't matter to her.
interestingly, the moment i took her into the big arena with the course, in spite of the fact that there was no atmosphere, she got really tense and took 5 mins of walking around to settle. hmm. no wonder i get a double handful at an event...!
over full course including a double and treble, about 12 fences, so longer than a BE course.
had first 2 down (possibly hadn't noticed they were bigger!) then clear round rest of course, had to put 1 circle in cos she got a bit over-excited. got breath back (me more than her i suspect) then went round again, had 2nd down but really good over all the rest. (v pleased with this because last year she'd have fences down towards the end of the course as she got progressively faster and flatter.)
she was as keen and totally genuine as ever.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Really happy to be jumping her again, seeing stride 9 out (that's a personal record i think!) and she felt great. hopefully my patience will finally pay off!
thanks to Baydale who gave CC, really helpful, and who looked great on Hector and Cuddles.
right, entries time. woohooohooo. oh, and best of all, she didn't rip her mouth.
smile.gif
smile.gif

oops, i forgot, cream cakes and afternoon tea if you made it this far!

KatB

Visit site
Yay! Sounds fab, so pleased things are working out for you
grin.gif
Look forward to first eventing report...

And that Baydale, she gets EVERYWHERE
wink.gif
tongue.gif

ajf

Visit site
Ah that sounds great!!!!
Bet your very excited about the prospect of entering an actual event now!
grin.gif

Gamebird

Visit site
Woooo hooooo
grin.gif

Am very pleased for you, I suspected you were a teeny bit frustrated with the non-competing status at Belton
smirk.gif

I_A_P

Visit site
I am so happy for you- it has been a very long tie coming- look foward to lots and lots of event reports
laugh.gif

Bubblegum

Visit site
So, so pleased to hear this news.
smile.gif
Look forward to hearing your regular reports again.
Crumbs...you didn't waste any time getting those entries in! Just a bit keen then...!!
grin.gif

kerilli

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So, so pleased to hear this news.
smile.gif
Look forward to hearing your regular reports again.
Crumbs...you didn't waste any time getting those entries in! Just a bit keen then...!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

gosh yes, desperate actually! sick of playing about with baby horses and not competing!

Sarah_Jane, she's on her second set of Imprints, i must say that though i wince at the price, she's sound and happy, and i can't put a price on that. she managed to lose 3 of the first set, at £50 each to replace, aaarrrggghhhhh, before having 2nd set put on.
if you're using Imprints, and they get loose after about 4 weeks (as Katy's did), see if your farrier has harder glue for the outsides... that's what mine's done and it's made a huge difference.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I was put off imprints but use Sigafoos which is a similiar idea and cost! We only use in front but the first pair only lasted 4 weeks because of the work she is doing
shocked.gif

kerilli

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I was put off imprints but use Sigafoos which is a similiar idea and cost! We only use in front but the first pair only lasted 4 weeks because of the work she is doing
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

gosh, not good. i was really careful with first set, kept on verges all the time so as not to wear them out, and after 7 weeks they had tons of wear left! had to get another set and start again though, but so far so good. hope yours work too!

TarrSteps

Visit site
Yay! Go Katy.
smile.gif
Glad you've found a solution to your bitting problem so not it's full steam ahead! Er, maybe I should make that controlled steam ahead.
wink.gif

Fiona

Visit site
After 11 months of a break, just a couple of fences down is fab. Even my two lazy articles would be excited at the first party after a break of that length.

Fingers crossed for Katy's new shoes (stickability
smile.gif
)

Fiona