finally chosen a name for the new one!

georgiegirl2

Visit site
well, as some of you may not know my 3yo racer arrived yesterday. she was registered with weatherbys simply as 3yo bay filly as she was only in training and hadnt raced. The racing yard itself didnt have a stable name for her so we have been able to pick one for ourselves (which has not been easy!). we have decided to settle with twiggy as she does look rather twiggyish at the moment! If anyone has any ideas for her show name then please feel free to give me your ideas!

Elmere

Visit site
Elle for Leather
laugh.gif

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Like the tree idea... I alway wanted a mare call Damsel in Distress, All the Jazz or Daddys dollar.... didnt get a mare and payed with me own money For mine, Athlone Maverick, I took 'Athlone' were hes from and 'Maverick' The rep he was sold to me with!
smirk.gif

georgiegirl2

Visit site
her sire is grey desire and her dam is portite sophie so none of those realy go with twiggy although saying that i suppose it doesnt have to be twiggy related! I've never had to name a horse before and I didnt really know how difficult a decision it is!

She was much more settled after her traumatic day in the sales ring yesterday. we took her for a wander round the yard (she cant go out for a few days as we have just wormed her) and although her eyes were popping out of her head we wandered through the big puddles that have appeared with no problems at all!

Coming from racing she has no idea what apples are all about which was quite amusing and i think the idea of constantly having hay there will soon click. She did weave a little last night when everything was coming in but im not too worried about that just yet. As i say she had an awful day friday and this is her first home since the racing yard so hopefully with a constant hay supply and day long turn out this should resolve itself. oooo shes gorgeous its going to be such fun seeing what she turns into!

georgiegirl2

Visit site
must admit i did think of miss twiggy! which is kind of like madame twiggy. my other horse is called rouge dragon seeing as he is french, chestnut and his stable name is george which i thought was quite clever. we did think of maybe dragons desire to go with rouge dragon but we'll see yet. apparently its cheaper to register names with weatherbys in the new year so we have a little while to wait. who knew picking names could be so hard!!

viola

aspireequestrian.wordpress.com
Dragons desire sounds strong, dark and surprisingly zen in the same time (maybe becasue of dragons - Chinese culture - etc;) I actually think the naming of race horses is fascinating and things they do with spelling and playing with the language never cease to amaze me
smile.gif
Good luck and let us know!