Finally conquering THE HEDGE (and how the hell did I stay on?!?!)

ShmellyEm

Visit site
I meant to post this ages ago as it was in November and have only just remembered :eek:

But the main gist of this is that the yard I'm only does flings occasionally (following a lead horse round the fields jumping the hunt jumps) and there's always this hedge that they jump - i have fallen off twice attempting it and the cob walked through it once (literally!)

hedgefling.jpg

In the above photos, the first was in spring '10, the second, winter '10 and the third Nov '11, before we finally jumped it!!

SummerhouseFling20thNov2011165.jpg

Ever in style hey Taffy! :rolleyes:

I then proceeded to nearly fall off the other side on landing as the drop it huge and after the slightly akward jump both my arms ended up on the same side of his neck - i have no idea how i stayed on! :D

SummerhouseFling20thNov2011168-1.jpg

SummerhouseFling20thNov2011169.jpg

SummerhouseFling20thNov2011170.jpg

SO proud of the cobalob though, this is a big old hedge for him and he tried his heart out, fully redeeming himself for tanking and being a general s**t earlier onin the fling :rolleyes:

this is the video link if anyone wants to see it! Thank you Milly and Paddy for leading us over!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq9Kg0t6IMU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Thank you for reading, proud mum moment for me and I wanted to share it!

LaurenBay

Visit site
Well recovered! I love the big grin, says it all really! :D

I watched the other video too, I love the Palomino that kept bucking! ha ha

sandi_84

Visit site
Congrats for getting over it! You are braver than me that's for sure! :D Love the last photo where you are getting your balance back and you've got a massive grin on your face, you look like you had loads of fun :D

ShmellyEm

Visit site
Well recovered! I love the big grin, says it all really! :D

I watched the other video too, I love the Palomino that kept bucking! ha ha

thank you! and yes, thats Taffy's partner in crime Paddy, throws the biggest bucks ever and my friend never shifts we're all very jealous!

ShmellyEm

Visit site
Thank you everyone! I can't remember if I was grinning or its just a face of grim determination but we were always having fun anyway even if i was about to eat mud! :rolleyes: