Finally didn’t muck it up ?

Michen

Visit site
I feel like every time I event I mess up somewhere. Ride badly in the dressage, get hopelessly lost XC. Too slow time faults SJ then too fast XC.

Today I finally didn’t and Bog finished in the top ten after dressage, then went on to be one of only a handful of starters jumping a double clear. Finishing on 3rd place in a very competitive section.

I did get lost XC as always and pick up a time penalty for doing so but at least we weren’t too fast for once ?. His SJ was hairy 3-4 where he got a bit uncouth but the rest was grand and he made mincemeat of what was a very technical,clever and bold BE90 course.

And qualified for a BE90 regional final although our dressage will never be up there so unsure we will go ???

I am hugely proud of him, I could write a much longer more gushy paragraph but.. he’s awesome and i can’t believe we are doing this when this time two years ago I thought I’d never ride him again. It’s an indescribable feeling to ride this horse around an XC- pure, pure joy and never do I even need to click encouragement to a fence.

I know 3rd place at BE90 is not remotely impressive in the grand scheme of things but.. ❤️

97EA062F-173C-405E-B2B4-B86348C8E3DA.jpeg26F3FABC-1313-4AE6-8EDC-C4CD92C21AD7.jpegD3821D27-CFA7-4E92-843D-48FFB83DEE93.jpeg

[video]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

[video]

[video]

Last edited:

Michen

Visit site
Fantastic! Well done! I just love him. So bold.

Thank you! He makes me feel like we could jump the moon.

I think I need to get my act in gear and think about BE100 or maybe aiming for one at the end of the season but I don’t want to break him and am conscious of his hocks etc.. I don’t like to jump him much at home.

I know he’d have no issue just going around a 100 SJ without lots of training at that height but don’t think I could!

Michen

Visit site
Wonderful. He is so smooth XC, isn't he.

I do also love the comments from the person videoing. Seems she loves Bog almost as much as you do!

She used to share Boggle and spent so much time hand walking him when he broke. Most sharers would be out the door at that point.

Now she full loans Bear as well as being a very good friend :)

Squeak

Visit site
Well done Michen. A placing at BE is always an achievement.

I'm so pleased that all your hard work rehabbing etc paid off and you're back out competing and enjoying him, you really deserve it.

Goldenstar

Visit site
That’s really good to hear , getting all things right all on the same day is the hard bit of eventing .
These days are very precious .

View

Visit site
Well done - I can see the joy in both of your faces in the XC picture. He is a credit to all the hard work that you and your sharer have put in. Love the feeling you get from a good cross country horse - nothing beats it.