FINALLY found a share horse YAY!

Umbongo

Visit site
I moved to North London about 1.5 years ago now, and have pretty much had to give up horses. Can't afford riding lessons, been to see a few shares but either the horse/yard/arrangement/costs haven't worked out.

Gave up searching, but happened to have a sneaky peak at adverts a couple of weeks ago and saw her!

Today I went to try out a whizzy 15.2hh connie mare and she was great! She may have pranced about most of the way round the woods, but I felt confident enough on her that I even popped a little log (haven't done that in years!)

So happy at the moment! Living in London and being busy with work etc has been getting me down lately but hopefully this can be my little escape :)

Haven't ridden regularly for about 2-3 years now, so my bum is going to hurt tomorrow!

Last edited:

Gasper

Visit site
Well done , it's amazing to develop a relationship with a horse after a break. I love my boy dearly even though he's cost me a fortune this month !

However we need photos please !

Tess Love

Visit site
So good to hear about people returning to riding after a break for whatever reason, you sound so happy must be such a contrast riding through the woods after a weeks work in London. Enjoy and have lots of fun!

FlaxenPony05

Visit site
Ah fantastic news OP, you must be so pleased. Finding share horses when you live in London is not an easy task! We must have some pics :)

Umbongo

Visit site
Thanks! No photos I'm afraid. Going out with the owner on hack next weekend so she can show me some routes so will take some then! She is a very workman like connie. Not into cuddles or fuss, just wants to be tacked up and get on with it! Just like my old loan mare.

Yes finding a share in london is very hard, and some can be quite expensive (I am a poor student & most of my wages goes on rent)....but this one is free! :)

Last edited: