Finally introducing the gorgeous chocolate Muffin!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
You're asking the woman who has matchy matchy dogs and horse here! Matching tones, marvellous, do it!

Re colour, is he seal brown? I remember some clever type on here telling me my warmblood was, very similar colouring.

I don't know, maybe one of the genetics experts can tell us. He has a reddish toned lighter coloured muzzle and the rest of him is a uniform rich dark chocolatey brown.

I'm always very impressed with your matchy dogs and horse!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
The warmblood, excuse the toast rack-like appearance, I'd just taken him on loan after a winter of him being left without a rug 🤬 Looks to have the same coloring as your boy.

1555447697349.jpeg

ycbm

Visit site
The warmblood, excuse the toast rack-like appearance, I'd just taken him on loan after a winter of him being left without a rug 🤬 Looks to have the same coloring as your boy.

View attachment 31494

Very similar indeed. Muffin is probably a little less black in the lower legs. Your looks as much of a racehorse there as muffin does!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Very similar indeed. Muffin is probably a little less black in the lower legs. Your looks as much of a racehorse there as muffin does!

He'd been sadly neglected. Meant to be a Holstein, but the guy who applied for the passport was well dodgy.

ycbm

Visit site
Lovely, forward walk.🙂 Must be very rewarding working with horses like that.

He's going to be a bit of a star I think!

He's been especially rewarding as he was so unexpectedly locked in the shoulder when I got him. I didn't ride him when I bought him, I wasn't looking for anything except a fill-in for a year. To find he can really move and is a lovely character is a bonus.

He's very good for me as he is also very calm and quiet, but slightly tricky mentally. Ask for too much and he turns into a donkey with a six inch stride. Everything has to be allowed to flow forwards, then he lifts. I enjoy the challenge.

He was difficult to keep weight on in winter, which I was surprised about, as he was out without a rug in December and well covered. But when I turned him out a month ago, he started to put on weight even though he was fed less hard food. Though he dropped some again when the weather was so cold the last week. I think he must be stressed by being kept in, even though he was with company in a barn and not alone in a stable.

ycbm

Visit site
He's fabulous! Love his front leg action - his movement will be quite expressive when he's older

He's eight already DD. He is just like a recently broken four year old to ride and in his experience of life, though. He's still lacking a lot of muscle and it's arriving a little slower than I would have expected. I'm not in a hurry, I'm just wondering if he does need some help with anything. I'm toying with maybe a protein supplement of some kind.

That stride length in front has increased by over a foot since I bought him. I wish I'd taken early video now.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
That's a very smart TB; fabulous walk on him and great push from behind (pat yourself on the back for that one, I think). Once he gets the strength (and confidence) to carry himself into your hand you'll have a nice horse. Lucky boy, I think.

ycbm

Visit site
That's a very smart TB; fabulous walk on him and great push from behind (pat yourself on the back for that one, I think). Once he gets the strength (and confidence) to carry himself into your hand you'll have a nice horse. Lucky boy, I think.

I don't mean to undervalue anyone else, (and I am absolutely loving everyone saying what a gorgeous boy he is, thank you !) , but there are two people on the forum, Cortez and AA, whose opinion I wait for because of your eye for horses and your huge experience. This means a lot, thanks C.

I knew the walk had gone slinky, but with a hilly field I had no idea it looked looked that. It was a big shock when I saw the video.

So it turns out that instead of a stand-in, I have ended up quite by chance with two great horses :) I did know there was a nice horse in there when I bought him, of course, but in the situation I was in back in December, with Henry selling very quickly, I would have bought him at that price whatever he looked like as long as he was sound and sane.

For Henry lovers, he is now teaching his new owner to jump and the look of delight on her face in the photos is priceless.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I don't mean to undervalue anyone else, (and I am absolutely loving everyone saying what a gorgeous boy he is, thank you !) , but there are two people on the forum, Cortez and AA, whose opinion I wait for because of your eye for horses and your huge experience. This means a lot, thanks C.

I know what you mean ycmb, AA was very kind to me when I bought Skylla and gave me some great advice about other horses I looked at, when she said Skylla looked good and I had a good eye I was super chuffed :D.

Muffin is super :).

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
Oh he is lovely, i think he will make a great horse. Thanks for sharing the vids, gives a great idea of what he is like now.

Keep up the good work cos it sounds like he has found a great home with you.

Velcrobum

Visit site
The ex racer I got from ROR website is an old fashioned Irish bred steeplechasing stamp. A gentle giant who is now 7 but was raced at 3 against the advice of the trainer in a bumper. Raced 7 times finished 4 times and pulled up 3 times. He is a gentle soul who needs his hand holding and when he like Muffin will be stunning when he has gained topline and muscle.

ycbm

Visit site
The ex racer I got from ROR website is an old fashioned Irish bred steeplechasing stamp. A gentle giant who is now 7 but was raced at 3 against the advice of the trainer in a bumper. Raced 7 times finished 4 times and pulled up 3 times. He is a gentle soul who needs his hand holding and when he like Muffin will be stunning when he has gained topline and muscle.

We need to see him :)

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
thankyou for the videos, i liked the sound of him from your description and really like him in the flesh. as others have said he has a great walk, a good buy!!!!

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I am not a big fan of TBs, too spindly looking for me lol BUT I reeeaaalllly like this boy. His movement seems so effortless and free. Whatever you've been doing, it's a great job..!! Cant wait to see how he progresses with you (Dont forget Spotty bum though ❤❤)

ycbm

Visit site
I am not a big fan of TBs, too spindly looking for me lol BUT I reeeaaalllly like this boy. His movement seems so effortless and free. Whatever you've been doing, it's a great job..!! Cant wait to see how he progresses with you (Dont forget Spotty bum though ❤❤)

Effortless and free are not words which would have sprung to mind when I first rode him 😳, so it's great to hear that. For anyone with a similar issue, it was a case of making him happy on his feet, then persuading him by sending him forward, forward, forward, that he could actually use them.

Ah, no, there's no forgetting spotty bum. He is the best horse I have ever ridden, and included in that list are two class horses, one a grandson of Voltaire and the other the son of an international GP dressage horse. My challenge with him (apart from not letting sarcoids kill him!) is not to let him break himself by doing too much of what he already offers.

What a pair 👌