Finally moving up to PN - SJ report also

monica987

Visit site
Very small step I know, but I am finally looking forawrd to making progress and hopefully having some SJs to start backing him off and actually jumping..although I realise PN may not do this
tongue.gif

Anyway, my real question is what is the PN xc/sj like at Great Tew - is it a nice event? I'm there on the saturday in the same class as Chris King, Jonty Evans and Clayton Fredericks... great
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Also, quick SJ report from Monday at Summerhouse!
Got there a bit early so ended up doing the smaller classes 2'9, 3'0 and 3'2 (how random!)
2'9 went really well, only had the last fence in the J/O down which was some planks that came down incredibly easily - he only brushed them! But I wouldn't have been placed as I got a bit lost and circled twice |(nnot crossing my tracks!) so had a time of 80 something seconds
tongue.gif

And with the other 2 classes, the planks were fence 2 - we had it down in both rounds - how annoying! so didn't get to the jump off. But also after he had done the course once, he lacked respect for the fillers. He is so confident he just goes through them!

Anyway, I am very pleased with him and am going to Hartpury on him on Friday. Got a ODE on Maisey tomorrow at Summerhouse so hopefully that will go remotely well. A BE novice test in a 2'9 class - hopw that works I don;t know but we learnt rein back today
tongue.gif

Nice to meet Deiseldog and Splotchy, and their LOVELY neds
grin.gif

FFF

Visit site
Well Done
smile.gif

I was going to be at Summerhouse on Monday and tomorrow but I've been/am away
frown.gif

MistletoeMegan

Visit site
Great Tew is lovely - up to height and reasonably wide too, but it looked to ride very well last year when you keep kicking. Good variety of fences, and if you ride positively I'm sure you'll be like this
grin.gif
grin.gif
when you finish.

dieseldog

Visit site
It was really nice to meet you as well.
smile.gif

You rode really nicely in the 2 9", just unlucky to have the last

Good luck at your PN

wizoz

Visit site
You're a busy girl then!

I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine at Pre Novice, Haddy is talented enough, forget who's in your section, it doesn't matter. Just do your best.
wink.gif

Well done on the showjumping and Best of luck at Summerhouse.xx
smile.gif

monica987

Visit site
Thanks you two. I rode AWFULLY in the second and 3rd, after the planks coming down I just lost my head..also I think my horse needs a martingale
blush.gif

Haddy is a pro XC, not a fault on his record up to PN (hasn't done any more) apart from the big E i got for jumping thew wrong fence
blush.gif

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
dont worry about Jonty, he will be on a young one... forget hes there...! and for the others aswell.. theyll be on youngsters i should think, so go beat them! PLEASE beat Jonty.. that would be insane! well done SJing! good luck at Hartpury.. horrible place :p i fell off in the warm up arena by the massive indoor arena- watch out for it, the horses get very spooky in it, but good luck!!

ajf

Visit site
Go Haddy!!!
Your more than ready for PN and you'll be awesome!!!
Good luck with the "little" girl at Summerhouse
tongue.gif

BBs

Visit site
Well done.
GT is a lovely lovely event. SJ a bit atmospheric as it has all the tradestand one side and the xc the other.
SJ is up to height and bright. They situate the fences well ie they use the slight undulation for say the double to a set of up right planks.

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
Yes, exactly what i was thinking
grin.gif
you staying with issy etc? can i please come and camp out when im drunk again? ill sleep on the floor this time
tongue.gif

ive just realised ive compltley changed the topic of this post.. oops!
grin.gif

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
Woop Woop... sending form off tonight! still no clue where im staying... je pense dans un caravan, mais je ne suis pas tres erm... what ever the word is for sure et avec Ra et Roise... mais je ne sais pas! god im good at french... anyways i will leave your post
grin.gif
well done and good luck... Haddy is coool
grin.gif

Lolo

Visit site
Alice prefers competing against 'big names' because then if they do better than her, it's cool because that's their job- they should get better than her because no way will a pro be riding a horse that will be sticking at PN for long!