Finally, some great customer service!

Sleipnir

Visit site
So I was searching for an inexpensive anatomical bridle for my youngster and specifically wanted the noseband not to have a flash strap (he doesn't deserve fancy yet :D). Found one I liked on Hooks Equestrian - with a removable flash strap loop - and placed my order. It came in less than a week and I was excited to try it out, when I discovered that the loop is actually sewn tightly to the noseband and not removable. I immediately contacted the company and sent them pictures to prove my case, expecting to be asked to do a return. However, they replied in less than a day and informed that they've sent me a new bridle, no questions asked, and I can keep the first one - which is a perfectly fine bridle, just not exactly what I was looking for! Super impressed with their customer service and expecting my new bridle arriving any day now - this will be my very first havana bridle after years of black tack only. :D

Sleipnir

Visit site
*off to Google Hooks Equestrian*

They're a Swedish/Norvegian/Finnish based company and, to be honest, I'm not very sure what are their delivery rates to the UK, as I am currently not there, but I've ordered from them several times and been positively impressed about the price/quality ratio. Just didn't expect that they will basically give me a bridle for free for what is actually a minor design flaw! :)

xDundryx

Visit site
They're a Swedish/Norvegian/Finnish based company and, to be honest, I'm not very sure what are their delivery rates to the UK, as I am currently not there, but I've ordered from them several times and been positively impressed about the price/quality ratio. Just didn't expect that they will basically give me a bridle for free for what is actually a minor design flaw! :)

I had a nosey, lovely stuff!

Annagain

Visit site
That's good.

I'm curious as to why you consider a flash 'fancy'? I wouldn't say they are considered that in the UK. I'd say most people consider them either a useful tool or a necessary evil or believe they're to be avoided at all costs (I'm in the latter camp) but never 'fancy' so wondered if it was a cultural thing? Are they considered a fashion accessory or a sign of an educated horse where you are?

Sleipnir

Visit site
That's good.

I'm curious as to why you consider a flash 'fancy'? I wouldn't say they are considered that in the UK. I'd say most people consider them either a useful tool or a necessary evil or believe they're to be avoided at all costs (I'm in the latter camp) but never 'fancy' so wondered if it was a cultural thing? Are they considered a fashion accessory or a sign of an educated horse where you are?

Ah, no, I guess I didn't phrase that well - I don't consider a flash fancy (loathe the look of them, actually!). Just was looking for an inexpensive bridle, as my 3yo doesn't deserve an expensive yet, but also wanted it to be anatomical and without a flash. :)

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
More good customer service to report:

I ordered my balancer from Forageplus, I always order two 5kg bags to avoid a delivery cost. Just had an email from them saying their supplier hasn't delivered and my order will be late by up to a week. Not worried because I order when I have about 3 weeks left for something I can't go pick up in a shop (plenty of time should I need to convert to a different feed).

The email says they've posted out a free 1kg bag, arriving tomorrow, which should last me until they can get my order out to me.

Winters100

Visit site
And with that post you just made them a sale of 1 rug and 4 headcollars:) I was thinking today that 1 of my rugs was a bit too tatty, and while I was on the website picked out some headcollars as Christmas presents for the children on our yard. I would not have thought of Hooks except for your post, but I had to buy somewhere, and it is good to buy from a company who values it's customers.