Find me a show jacket .....

WelshTilly

Visit site
Right I've taken the plunge :rolleyes: to enter a local unaffiliated dressage competition next Sunday only Prelim but it will be my first competitive show as an adult ( im bricking it already...!!) Ive spoken to a friend who's been previously and I need the usual attire so looking for a cheap decent quality preferably black jacket I'm a slender size 8 with a long back so if anyone has any reccomendations / links feel free to let me know.........thank you in advance all you H&H folk :D

Oh yeah and if any one has any tips to remain calm and sane between now and then I'd appreciate them .....:eek:

Blitzen

Visit site
I'd recommend tweed if its going to be your only jacket - you can wear it for anything! You're never incorrectly dressed in rat-catcher. Shires do a reasonably priced tweed jacket, around £70-80 I think. x

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
yeah im good thanks, sorry i cant do a link having lappy issues, if you look on robinsons etc they normally stock them.

how has life settled for you know you have a neddy

WelshTilly

Visit site
I'd recommend tweed if its going to be your only jacket - you can wear it for anything! You're never incorrectly dressed in rat-catcher. Shires do a reasonably priced tweed jacket, around £70-80 I think. x

Thanks laura-c will take a look was considering that but don't want to look out of place :eek:

WelshTilly

Visit site
yeah im good thanks, sorry i cant do a link having lappy issues, if you look on robinsons etc they normally stock them.

how has life settled for you know you have a neddy

I'm fine thanks Tilly is perfect although slightly flat in herself at mo I've moved yards closer to home which has made a huge difference only been there 2 weeks but she settled day 1. As you can see I've decided to get her out and about now ive got to know her and her quirks...!! Had a lesson this morning which was disastrous :rolleyes: well I'm exaggerating she was dead to the leg then on the forehand I was trying to collect here but 500 kg of horse is a lot for little me...:p think I knackered her out with all the long hacks she's been on this week as been off work!

Glad your ok how about the neddys I see you have more? X

Blitzen

Visit site
You wouldn't look out of place at all, there's a thread in Competition Riders about the same thing. Plenty of pics of BD folks in tweed, they look v smart! I'm on my blackberry so I'm not sure how to post a link, but its a recent thread. x

WelshTilly

Visit site
You wouldn't look out of place at all, there's a thread in Competition Riders about the same thing. Plenty of pics of BD folks in tweed, they look v smart! I'm on my blackberry so I'm not sure how to post a link, but its a recent thread. x

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
yay to getting her out, that must be a dream come true for you xx

not more as such, picked up a little mare as a project and still my coloured lad, he is going no where, that horse totally has me wrappped around his hoof!

am braving it and moving off my own yard to a livery yard next month! eeekkk

just wanted to be closer to home and have a school and the option of help, also henry developed an adversion to horses being taken away from him, so at the livery yard he will be in his own paddock but with horses around him, id rather not keep him that way but it was that or turn him away in a heard .. which i didnt really want to do.

oh and im back working with horses! big yay.

WelshTilly

Visit site
yay to getting her out, that must be a dream come true for you xx

not more as such, picked up a little mare as a project and still my coloured lad, he is going no where, that horse totally has me wrappped around his hoof!

am braving it and moving off my own yard to a livery yard next month! eeekkk

just wanted to be closer to home and have a school and the option of help, also henry developed an adversion to horses being taken away from him, so at the livery yard he will be in his own paddock but with horses around him, id rather not keep him that way but it was that or turn him away in a heard .. which i didnt really want to do.

oh and im back working with horses! big yay.

Yay yay and more yays reek on the whole livery yard but I'm sure you will be fine invest if you haven't already in an iPod :D ....!

Take care catch up soon I'm off to find a jacket and everything else! :eek: