Finding a freelance groom?

zoeshiloh

www.stowmarketanddistrictridingclub.com
What is the best way to go about doing this? With my job I am having to travel a lot and stay away for a few days here and there, and whilst I have friends, and a fantastic fella who have helped me out so far, I don't like to keep asking favours, so want to find a groom to do it. It will only be a few days each month, and they just have to feed and turnout/bring in morning and evening. My horses are on rubber mats, so I don't think it will take more than an hour to do two horses.

Where abouts should I look/advertise. There is nothing in local tack shops, but would it be worth putting an ad in there? Are thre any sites to look on?

Also what sort of money should I offer? How much do people expect? I don't mind paying the going rate, but not sure what the going rate actually is!

zoeshiloh

www.stowmarketanddistrictridingclub.com
Thanks but no one in our area
frown.gif

silverbreeze

Visit site
Are there any equine colleges in the area? I am sure students are always looking for extra money. or how about local yard owners, I know of quite a few around me who do freelance stuff to subsidise their income.... I would ring around them and see, they will probably know people even if they don't do it themselves??

Woody78

Visit site
If you are in Suffolk, maybe try Otley College and/or put ads in your local tack shop.

We used to do the same when we were away at shows etc and it worked really well. sometimes hard to find someone though! good luck!