Finding a horse to school once or twice a week?

PaddyMonty

Visit site
I currently have two horses to compete (different owners). One I ride once a week, the other once a fortnight. Both require a fair bit of traveling to get to.
Problem I have is this amount of riding is not going to keep me comp fit.
So i was thinking about finding a horse local to me that I could school once or twice a week FOC on both sides. I'd be happy to school flat or jumping and type/level of horse is not important as long as 15.2 or bigger as just doing it to hepl my fitness level.

So does this sound like a possibility or am I living in dream land?
Are there people around who would want their horse schooling FOC?

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Do you want to travel to North Cambs? I have two big horses I could use a hand with. I should read the question better, we're probably too far:(

Last edited:

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I'm being completely blonde here but what is FOC?

If you can make it to Rugby, I would love you to come and school my boy once a week, he will improve your fitness. Ok he is only 15'1hh, but a cob and takes up your leg????

I'm not one that overly enjoys schooling, I just do the flat work to improve my jumping, so this would suit me down to the ground! :D

1Lucie

Visit site
Ooohhh where r u? I've got a 16.1hh, 7 year old that needs schooling. He's a little angel just needs bit more education.

Potato!

Visit site
If only you were near my i have a nice youngster i need schooling. the problem is i work monday to friday so cant do much during the week.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
FOC = Free Of Charge

Rugby might be possible but would prefer a little closer to home.
Good to see that there are possibilities out there though.

Doh, I see, well if nothing else comes up, then let me know, might be able to chuck you a bit for petrol (if you aren't shocking anyway, just kidding). :)

Bernster

Visit site
So looks like the answer is yes in theory :)

Def - for good and reliable riders I think people would be very interested. Saves having to pay others to ride like your instructor or grooms. And most sharers, although they pay, I've found are generally less experience so whilst they won't ruin the horse (I hope!), they are unlikely to improve it.

I'd be very open to someone experienced riding my boy as I'm a numpty when it comes to flatwork. We only ever go sideways when he's avoiding a ditch :)

CeeBee

Visit site
Is Mid Beds too far? I would love for someone to school Harvey, but my facilities are a bit 'rough and ready' :)
I keep meaning to advertise, but never seem to get round to it.

Always Henesy

Visit site
Arrggghhh!
Wish you were in my area.
I have a 15.2hh Arab and a 17.1hh TB - both very much need schooling a million times a week. (The TB is a dressage superstar in the making - sadly, I just love hacking and hunting)
Would chew someones arm off for help in riding my two.
:)

PaddyMonty

Visit site
I think east sussex is pushing it a bit :eek: though I did grow up in Crowborough, spent many happy hours out with the Eridge but that was a very long time ago. :eek:

Rachmeister

Visit site
I think I may be able to help, I am not far away from Northampton, with 2 of my horses that fit the description (one is a well established dressage / eventer and one is a young event horse), and very good facilities etc. When would you ideally planning to do your extra riding? PM me if you are interested.