Finding a loaner

EllieBeast

Visit site
Hi guys, just felt like wracking your brains for the best way of finding a loaner for my little lady.
i am off to uni next year, and so need to find someone who will care for and appreciate her as i do. I have had her for nearly 5 years.
she is an 11yr old middleweight IDx. she is 100% to box, shoe, hack, catch etc - needs sedation for clipping. an absolute angel to do, doesnt buck, rear, bite, kick or pull faces etc. her flatwork is comig on nicely. is an absolute demon xc - flies round 3'6" and i havent tried any higher as a course. very careful sj - has a lot of scope for a horse of her build - as genuine as they come. she can be strong when jumping - but this is all enthusiasm, she jumps for fun. she has hunted, again, successfully.
trouble is, i would really like her to stay in the area. do you think that there is a market for a horse like her? i dont mind what the loaner wanted to do with her - be it just a hack, or a competative (sp) loan.
(please excuse my face in most of these pics)
bwfsjel.jpg

20.jpg

b44.jpg

bwfxcel.jpg

i am not planning on advertising yet, will probably wait until late spring. this is extremely hard for me, as this little horse means the world, and i am scared sh!tless at the thought of someone else having her, but i have no other option, so i need to find the right person.
thanks
Sarah

EllieBeast

Visit site
LOL! if only! how is the sexy lad? i think it all just hit me yesterday - this time next year, i wont have her anymore - thats when the tears started rolling
frown.gif

i know its stupid, as people are going through far worse, but i cant help myself, she has helped me through so much, i couldent bear it if something happened to her...
Sarah

Oaksflight

Visit site
You will have her, she'll just be taking a holiday! He is fine, physio sorted him out, but then the muppet went and spooked at YO's OH on the roof next to him, and caught his hocks on metal haynet thing. No real damage but put us out of doing workers on Sunday. Took him for a gallop y'day on the Smiths and my god can that horse go! Think I'll be using the dutch gag next time as whole upper body is aching this morning from trying to hold him back.
crazy.gif

I was the same, only so many people can ride him well enough to get him going nicely in an outline, hell I struggle still and I've been riding him almost every day for a year now. And then he's changed so much in the time that I've had him, and with him being a sensitive horse he could revert back to how he was with the wrong person. So now, my friend is looking after him whilst I'm at uni and working on his dressage, and I'll probably get someone to part-loan him who can work on his jumping and also pay for half of him as I can't afford the costs alone!
crazy.gif

Accy

Visit site
Local advertising shops tack shops, riding schools etc.

Remember your not selling her shes just have a little time away, i would advertise earlier so you make sure you get the right person and you have time to make sure she is ok while you are still around.

archoak

Visit site
Then she'll be snapped up! She's the right size for someone coming off ponies and people often want to loan because teenagers have a horrible habit of suddenly shooting up. This has happened to us, we bought a 15.1 a year ago and my son has suddenly got really tall so next year we'll be looking at another horse, I'll be keeping his mare though as she's so sweet
smile.gif

JAK

Visit site
'A market for a horse like her?' you say? You are joking here, aren't you? LOL

Some lucky, lucky person..........!
smile.gif
cool.gif

Oh & mention it to your farrier - I know I'm always saying this but we found two of ours through our farrier & they chat to sooooo many people every week!
wink.gif