Finding a sharer

LouS

Visit site
I will be looking for a sharer for my 15hh mare in a few weeks. She is very sensitive and quite sharp but she is not a difficult ride for a competent rider, she just wants to please, however having someone unbalanced on her will upset her and she can get quite joggy/bouncy at times. Also she can go a bit green jumping and almost jump me off at speed, she's an odd ball.

I tried to find a sharer for her last year without success, everyone I had enquire was either too heavy or just too novicey. I don't need a fantastic rider, just someone who can sit properly. I did try with an 11yo girl who had come from the riding school and I was just giving her lessons on her but when she had a bit of a bounce/spook she was way too much for her.

I'm trying desperately by word of mouth but coming up with nothing, where/how is the best way to advertise her because no matter how much you write sensitive/not novice ride, people still think they can ride her.

SamanthaUK

Visit site
I will be looking for a sharer for my 15hh mare in a few weeks. She is very sensitive and quite sharp but she is not a difficult ride for a competent rider, she just wants to please, however having someone unbalanced on her will upset her and she can get quite joggy/bouncy at times. Also she can go a bit green jumping and almost jump me off at speed, she's an odd ball.

I tried to find a sharer for her last year without success, everyone I had enquire was either too heavy or just too novicey. I don't need a fantastic rider, just someone who can sit properly. I did try with an 11yo girl who had come from the riding school and I was just giving her lessons on her but when she had a bit of a bounce/spook she was way too much for her.

I'm trying desperately by word of mouth but coming up with nothing, where/how is the best way to advertise her because no matter how much you write sensitive/not novice ride, people still think they can ride her.

WOW Were are you based? :}

Annagain

Visit site
You could try your local riding clubs - they might have members looking for a share or sometimes people contact them asking if they know of a share. I look after my club's e-mail account and I've had a few people e-mail to ask if I know of any members wanting sharers for their horses.
Or if you're happy to have a young person, you local pony club?