Finding Bridleways/ horse friendly routes

McNally

Visit site
I moved yards recently and am now on our own so no one to ride out with. So far there seems to be very little routes to ride in the area. Is there any online site that i can search bridleways or just plan a few rides to try out?
I've tried Google Maps but although i know where bridleways start i cant follow them on the map. I never have endless time to just explore but am currently doing silly little "turn around" rides as i'm always worried about getting lost or taking too long.

Thanks

Shooting Star

Visit site
OS maps online http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/getamap/

Or you can use bing maps, one of the drop down menu gives you the option of london street map / os map etc

Was going to say the same except I'm old fashioned so as I'm looking for yards at the moment have brought the O/S paper maps from our local WH Smiths and have found the Explorer range of the maps show the best detail for locating the bridlepaths ;)

lincolnlady

Visit site
Was going to say the same except I'm old fashioned so as I'm looking for yards at the moment have brought the O/S paper maps from our local WH Smiths and have found the Explorer range of the maps show the best detail for locating the bridlepaths ;)

how much did that cost if you dont mind me asking x

monkeybum13

Visit site

Oh definitely, nothing beats a good paper map!
(If you know how to read them properly ;) )

They're roughly £6 to buy.

McNally

Visit site
Fantastic that will keep me busy, will check out those sites now. Will also certainly go to Smiths and get a paper one aswell to pour over tho! Thanks

Shooting Star

Visit site
how much did that cost if you dont mind me asking x

Shocking really but I think they were about £8 each :eek: , and worse I'm on the boundary of 3 of them although have settled on buying 2 for now to give me a good idea, just as well as the yard I viewed tonight is right on the bottom edge of one with it's hacking on the top of the next one.

Well worth the money though if you like to study at your leisure and work out new routes, at least I'm confident now that as the yard owner said if I do 10 mins of quiet road work I've got 3 hrs of fab hacking on my door step ... once I've mastered the bridlepath over the M25 (need to survive the vetting on Thu first)!!

I love the internet but give me a good old fashioned map any day when it comes to bridlepaths ... hope you find some good ones near you x