Finding selling very hard!

Dot2dot

Visit site
I am aware that the market for selling is bad at the moment but hadn't realised quite how bad it was! I am trying to sell a lovely mare who is a bit older but cheap with all tack and rugs. I am only having dreamers enquire and two people who said they would view both cancelled. Also trying to sell my little gelding who is very very cheap. This isn't a plug to try and sell I am just so shocked.

What are the best free or cheaper sites to advertise on? And have other people found that they can't sell a cheap horse who is decent.

KSR

Visit site
Preloved is popular and has a multitude of horses, ponies, accessories and services on it.. Full membership to place and respond to adverts is £5 per year..

Dot2dot

Visit site
I have adverts on preloved for both of them and also use horse chit chat on facebook to advertise but it's very hit and miss with who happens to see the ad at the time it appears on the page.

scrunchie

Visit site
I hate selling. It's bad enough having to get rid of a horse without having to deal with timewasters and numpties. I've decided that if I ever have to sell again I am going to go through a sales livery.

Anyway, free sites:

thehorseexchange.com
freeads.co.uk (has a large horsey section)
equineonline.net

:)

Dot2dot

Visit site
Erph I hate selling, haven't done it very often but the thought just makes me feel ill, hence the collection of horses, even loaning is hard. Trying to loan my tb out absolute star need to start try other sites so thanks for post OP been really helpful for me too :) Xx

Now that you are soon to be 6horses2dogsandacat you should shift some! haha. One of mine is a thoroughbred that i need to sell however loan is becoming more and more appealing i just get scared about all of the horror stories.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I've just splashed out £45 on an ad in H&H for my cheapy, had a fairly good response so far (add went in monday night!), might be worth a punt.

be positive

Visit site
Cheap usually means there is a problem of some type, I would, if they are really genuine and can do a bit of everything including hacking safely, put the prices up and do a good ad on a better site you are less likely to get timewasters and may sell for more money.

amy_b

Visit site
facebook!!
My area (gloucestershire) has its own group called gloucestershire horse riders.
if not an area group try others in you discipline? been trying to sell my mini for about a year, advertised him on facebook and now have three people interested!! Buses and all that!! :rolleyes:

maree t

Visit site
Friend of mine is struggling to sell three at the moment. Her daughter has given up completely so they arent even fit to try properly. They range from 12.2 to 14.2 and she has advertised as open to offers and would pretty muc take anything but only one person has even phoned and then didnt turn up.

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
We sold a cheapish TB with quirks on H&H - just an online add so not quite so exspensive. I only got sensible telephone calls and sold to first viewer within a week, however that was nearly 3 years ago now. I second not being to cheap, cheap to me raises suspision. I would put a slightly higher price then add 'price very negotiable to the right home' or something similar.