Fingers crossed please

Madam_max

Visit site
Put my lorry into be plated and serviced. Unfortunately it needed new rear break discs
frown.gif
. They have also fixed the gear box linkage (sp) or something. They are going to call me with the bill in a minute. I scared stiff of how much it's going to cost!! Are break discs expensive?

Rambo

Visit site
I doubt the discs themselves will be that expensive, but as with all things it will be the cost of labour and ancilliary parts that will bring the cost up. I can sympathise...I just put my lorry through it's annual service / plating and it came it at £1200
shocked.gif
The only single 'expensive' part of the overall bill was a couple of new exhast parts that came to about £200. Over half the bill was labour
blush.gif

SSM

Visit site
Yikes, can't you have it as your Christmas present?? I work on the theory that he will have forgotten or feel guilty at not buying a pressie!!!!!!

Rambo

Visit site
Ouch !

Seems to be about the going rate doesn't it....still, it would cost more than £100 per month to hire one for the amount we use them (okay, I know you still have to put diesel in it and tax and insure it etc...)
crazy.gif

Madam_max

Visit site
That's what I thought. My last lorry cost about the same to get through as it needed two new tyres. Also they had to wire in the new lights on the side etc, just little jobs and they have made the gears easier for me
grin.gif