Finni's Animal Reading

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Ok....I'm a complete cynic, but thoight this might be fun. So here is what she said. Long one, I apologise.

Victoria Hyslop wrote:

Dear Catherine,

I have attached a photograph of my horse Finn. I'd be very grateful if you would have a look and let me know what you think and what he has to say.

Hello Tori

My readings have been delayed as I have had a few more emergencies than usual, including one of my own, which involved me in a lot of time visiting the local Equine Clinic as my horse recovers post op. He is coming home this week I hope. At last, here's what Finn has to say.

"There are quite a few things that I need to talk about. We need a list and I can't write it down like Tori does as I haven't got a pencil. So we'll do it in this order: things I do; things I need and how I feel.

"I do mostly eating a lot, then sleeping, this is normal for horses. What I also do is compete. To do this you have to practice at home, We used to have a nice sand place and then someone put drains in, now it is rough and bumpy and still gets wet in the corner. We are having a mirror, I hope it doesn't wobble. Indoor ones stay still, outdoor ones wobble. It looks like a whole herd of horses coming at you in a wobbly mirror. It takes a lot of getting used to and all to see if your feet are level.

"When we practice jumping, we go in the field. This is because the other girl has booked the school and we don't need it. The jumps are stored against the wall, so we have to drag them out. They are usually done when I get there. It is only when we are using poles that I have to wait while they are fixed. Now, we have to understand what psychologists call learned behaviour, because that is what it is when I buck. It isn't much and I am not at all malicious. Tori has got used to it, which is just as well, as I don't know how to stop it. It's a good job I don't do it as much. I like jumping best and am very good at it. I don't always get clear rounds, but more often than not. When there is a big show, we have to take sandwiches as the food vans are a long way to walk. I don't get all the sandwich, just some bread and occasionally fruit cake. I take great care of my rider and the little girl is very fond of me. She sits quietly on my back and I don't move if I can help it, in case she falls off. When I retire, I might take disabled riders for a walk, I would be very good for this,

"I don't need many things, apart from food and clothes of course. I need a better rug as last winter's outdoor one has got a bit thin inside. I would like a nylon outside, so that the rain doesn't get in and a thick warm inside from polyester foam. It would need to go in the washing machine, so it mustn't be too thick. I quite like shiny purple, not pink or spotted please. There is no need to get me a neck wrap, they are a bit of a nuisance really and we mustn't forget that I am a horse and can stand a bit of cold. Mud is a different problem. I don't mind mud but Tori gets quite hysterical at times. That and the knots in my mane drive her crazy, she is going to change me for a cleaner horse. Fine chance of that, I don't know another horse that would put up with what I have to. " ( :-[ At this point the management must point out that they only pass on the messages and are not responsible for the content of any message as it is what the horse says.)

"I have a good sense of fun. I get it from Tori, who gets it from her mother. Do you know that her mother still plays practical jokes on Tori. When she gives her a Christmas present, she gives her a silly tin of biscuits and says that's the Christmas present. This year she is getting underwear, wait until she sees it, she'll have a shock, especially as it's from her :-[ mother. :-[ "

"I haven't been too good over the summer. I slipped in the field and injured my stifle. It soon got better, but this is a scary area for the horse. I have missed some days out (rides) and competitions. It is better now, though I have to be careful in the steep hill field. We are coming back into work slowly. I need some groundwork, but we don't get any here. I get light riding and some hacking. I will soon be back in my prime. It's a shame that the night's are drawing in, as we could spend the evening practising and building my muscles back up to peak performance."

Finn's front end feels really strong and supple. His hind quarters are not coming under yet. He would appreciate some basic groundwork to free up his hindquarters. He needs to disengage his hind quarters to the right, he cannot cross the nearside leg in front of the offside at present. He can disengage on the other rein. His back is fairly supple, just a slight kink to the right. Some long reining or circling on the left rein would help this.

Finn's stomach has recently been bloated, something has changed in his feed that caused it. It is either caused by a change of brand of similar food or a different batch of the same food. He shows me a Dodson and Horrell bag. He thinks Probiotics will help. He needs an enzyme based one.

He says his feet are much better these days and never feel too long. He used to have the toes on his hind feet filed too short, but "The new boy changed that." He is showing me a dark blue striped butcher's apron and saying that it is being put away soon as it's too cold for r barbecue. Sorry I have no context for this.

Finn has certainly got a lot off his chest. If there are any things that you want him to explain more, please let me know and I'll ask him to. I hope his humour isn't to much of a shock, it certainly surprised me.

<span style="color:green">Even though some of this made no sense, I really enjoyed it. It's given Finni a real personality and he does have a good sense of humour! He's also recently had colic from the grass. </span>

meandmyself

Visit site
How cool!
smile.gif

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Well...not really, Some bits made sense. I just did it as a bit of fun. Have vaguely the same opinion as JM7!

He does get colic, his feet have just been redone a different way and his old rug was knackered and purple. Oh, and he's always been a competition horse.

Apart from that....