firework display to be held near dog rescue centre

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Can you help on this one please, we need people to write (POLITELY) to ask Next if they would not go ahead with their display, here's an email received from lady at the centre it speaks for itself:

FROM Jen Hanna
I don't know if you able to help but NEXT head office in Enderby Leicestershire are holding a fireworks party at their creche. Although this is an organised display their site is a few hundred metres from a dog rescue that rescues all kinds of dogs including ex puppy farm breeders that come in totally traumatised already. They are aware the rescue is there after being contacted last year when their display caused the dogs to be screaming in terror, but how do you comfort 41 dogs when the place sounds like it is falling down from the massive mortar explosions they insist on using?? If anyone would like to contact Next to ask them to consider the harm they will do to these poor damaged souls then I would be so grateful... and so would the dogs at East Midlands Dog Rescue xx

Please share this amongst your friends, thanks.

Oz

Bellasophia

Visit site
wow,someone's been so thoughtless.I'd be asking them to change their venue,rather than cancel,you might have have a chance with that.

Django Pony

Visit site
Next have just replied to me:

"Next would like to thank everyone who has been in touch to let us know about the Next Steps Nursery firework display, planned for Wednesday 4 November. It certainly wasn’t ever our intention to cause any additional distress to the dogs or carers at the ‘East Midland Dog Rescue’ centre, so we would like to confirm that we have cancelled the firework display. We are very sorry to have caused any unnecessary concern."

Fair play to them for listening and cancelling.

Love_my_Lurcher

Visit site
That's brilliant news, but did you know that Owlerton Greyhound Stadium is hosting a big display when there will STILL be dogs at the track? This is beyond disgusting. Apparently they've held a display for quite a few years now when there has still been dogs on the premises. I left just one reply on the track's FB page and they blocked me. I wasn't rude or anything. I just pointed out that the dogs would be terrified. I also sent them a polite email several days ago and it has been ignored. Please contact them and make your disgust known. Perhaps with enough pressure they'll cancel too, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

http://www.owlertongreyhoundracingstadium.co.uk/fireworks-display-sheffield

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
That's brilliant news, but did you know that Owlerton Greyhound Stadium is hosting a big display when there will STILL be dogs at the track? This is beyond disgusting. Apparently they've held a display for quite a few years now when there has still been dogs on the premises. I left just one reply on the track's FB page and they blocked me. I wasn't rude or anything. I just pointed out that the dogs would be terrified. I also sent them a polite email several days ago and it has been ignored. Please contact them and make your disgust known. Perhaps with enough pressure they'll cancel too, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

http://www.owlertongreyhoundracingstadium.co.uk/fireworks-display-sheffield

Sounds like another one I can get my teeth into, will paste this on the facebook FAB page