firework thrown at horse

cobalobM

Visit site
sorry if this has been posted already
just seen this on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=709884099035687&id=136319286392174

"ALERT - One of our nurses was riding her horse through Winsor this afternoon (near the Compass pub) when she was overtaken at speed by a car. The driver of the car then proceeded to throw a lit firework at her and her horse. The firework went off just in front of her horse, which understandably bolted. Luckily neither horse or rider were hurt, but it could have been so much worse. The police have been notified. Helen describes the car as a black or dark blue estate car, possibly a BMW. If anyone has any information, please can you contact Helen Walker at Seadown Veterinary Group"

words cannot describe how scared horse and rider must have been

asmp

Visit site
And I was angry when a car driver (car full of young men) deliberately blasted my daughter out riding the other day in attempt to scare the horse. Reported it to police and I'm pleased to say they took it seriously. Even though daughter's horse didn't bat an eyelid at a horn blast, as traffic proof as he is, I think even he would have been freaked out by a firework. We're seriously thinking about getting a head-cam.

HBM1

Visit site
I have long wanted fireworks to only be available to licensed professionals. I cannot understand why they are sold to just any idiot. A man once threw one out of his kitchen window as I was walking by with a baby in buggy. He said he was teaching his partner's daughter about firework safety! ! I have always been terrified of them and thankfully the police took it very seriously and read him the riot act. Head cams seem a good way to go.

Frosty89

Visit site
There really are some idiots in this world! Do people not realise they are putting lives at risk at the expense of their stupidity?

Frosty89

Visit site
I have long wanted fireworks to only be available to licensed professionals.

I completely agree with this. Fireworks should not be sold to general public. I had one land in my garden last week still glowing red when it hit the floor only 4 feet away from my dog.

skyrock

Visit site
Fireworks should be banned. Very pleased that both horse and rider are ok it could have been so much worse. Can anybody tell me why, when the government are so bothered about terrorists making bombs they allow explosives to be sold willy nilly???