Firing Squads in the Countryside

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
The LACS are prosecuting Tony Wright who apparently only had one guy with a gun to kill any foxes his dogs flushed out. Apparently the fox escaped unharmed.

Mr Furlong, prosecuting claims the law requires "line or lines of guns". What he's talking about is a firing squad or even something out of Zulu Dawn.

Why do we need a line of guns present just because a fox might get flushed out?

To make sure it doesn't get away.

Why are LACS so keen to kill foxes?

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
It's the first law of its kind that actually requires people to bear and use arms in this manner. Imagine the outcry if this was on the streets of Bristol.

What's strange is that all the antis on this forum don't seem to be backing the Leagues calls for the mass mobilisation of armed personel to wipe out the nations wildlife.

Come on Rs, Karla and Mairi you do want these animals exterminated don't you?

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/displa...mp;more_nodeId1=201752&contentPK=15039319

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Which brings the whole thing back to ..........................class or type of people doesn't it otherwise, as you say, where are they now?
Have you heard anything so stupid as this shooting malarky; absolute recipe for disaster if there are more than 1, 2 at the most guns around a covert?

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
RS can you pour any light on this issue.

Do you agree with LACS that a "line or lines of guns" should be employed to prevent any wildlife escaping?

What configuration of guns would you think appropriate?

There was one in that Zulu film with Michael Caine in that you might consider, or how about quadrangles as the British used at Waterloo?

Do you think there are any public safety issues with such mass mobilisations of armed personel.

How would you feel if a political organisation were calling for this in your neighberhood?

Fairynuff

Visit site
I dont agree with hunting for pleasure nor do I agree with mass shooting. I think that one side is as bad as the other and that the hunting law is crazy as it is. I do think that rogue foxes have to be dealt with but by going out and quietly shooting them without having to stress them with 15 couple of hounds and a chase that could last for miles. I am anti but do see the need to cull and am not a bunny hugger to the extent of believing that man shouldnt intervene when nec. Its a difficult subject and we will all have to agree to disagree. Mairi. :(