Firle Cross Country Trial

Justy

Visit site
Was a bit of a cold event on the day. The Sun just refused to show itself for long enough.

All went well apart from 1 nasty fall, but to be fair, the rider should not have even been at the jump as they were disqualified earlier on in the course and the horse was a little out of control.

Claire who was legal sectary and yard owner of where I go finished in 36th on our little 14H pony in the beginner and 6th on Harvey in the big course. Not bad for a first timer and a horse that has come back from a tendon injury.

Was all ready to leave at around 7ish when we noticed a stray horse. The owners had been trying to get it back in the trailer for 3 hours! After a all hands on deck 45min attempt the horse finally went in and it was home time.

Overall a good day!

Hattikins

Visit site
sounds like you had a good day
grin.gif
Was the rider that had a nasty fall young ?? and where abouts was it on the course?

EmmaChal

Visit site
Yes, think it was Fiona Lewis-or one of them and it was at the water jump. Have to say she was trying everything to get that pony round the course but was being a real pig, napping, trying to bolt, from what I heard the pony went through the water, refused the fence out and ran under the trees, smashed the rider into a branch and knocked all her front teeth out....lovely!

Justy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, think it was Fiona Lewis-or one of them and it was at the water jump. Have to say she was trying everything to get that pony round the course but was being a real pig, napping, trying to bolt, from what I heard the pony went through the water, refused the fence out and ran under the trees, smashed the rider into a branch and knocked all her front teeth out....lovely!

[/ QUOTE ]

Claie was on the scene soon after, and as above the rider got the tree straight in the jaw. Her teeth were fine, but she had braces on that had ripped in to her gums. She was conscious throughout which was a good sign.

She was disqualified at jump 3 or 4 and the water jump was jump 11. Was not a happy pony going round.