Firle PN Report!!

Hattikins

Visit site
Had lovely late times today so ambled down to Firle at lunchtime with Hattie in tow
grin.gif
Got to park under some trees and got loads of shade all day which was fantastic!
smile.gif

So firstly to the dressage! we've spent the last two days trying to "whizz" Hattie up on the flat and jumping because she is just so laid back and damn lazy because nothing seems to bother her! So got a bit more oomph out of her in the dressage but nothing spectacular and she managed to break for one stride in the second canter so felt it wasnt really a great test for her but pleased none the less. untacked and went to look at the other dressage scores in my section to find everyone in the mid to late 30's and early 40's, thought "great she'll get a late 30's test then - never mind!"

Wandered back to tack madam up for the SJing, very sleepy girlie - she's extremely good at conserving energy!! pootled up to the SJing to find they were supposedly running 10mins late, so wandered around to be told i was next in
shocked.gif
cue mad panic to wake her up and give her a jump! was called again but id only jumped a X-pole so just carried on warming up while mum sorted out when i was going to jump. Eventually got into the ring and Hatts really perked up - YAY!
smile.gif
She jumped what felt like a really really lovely round and i felt incredibly proud of her for some reason! She just felt soo good
grin.gif
She went clear and i was really very pleased
smile.gif
Especially as the chap who sold her to us had turned up to watch several horses that he'd sold in the past and i had to SJ in front of him
smile.gif

Slowly changed and got ready for the XC, was getting a tad nervous as ive always made one silly mistake on the XC each time ive ridden at firle and i was determined not to let Hatts down this afternoon! Gave her a bit of a pipe opener in the warm up, popped two fences and then straight into the start box and we were away! She shot out of the start box and just went - felt fantastic and just flew, the bigger the fences got the better she met them and the cleaner she jumped
smile.gif
grin.gif
Came home clear and 9secs under the time! was sooo impressed with her
smile.gif
Especially as this is only her second outing this year and her second XC course since February!
smile.gif

What made the SJing and the XC even more nerve wracking was the realisation just before i went into the SJing that we'd got a 30.5 dressage and were leading the section after the dressage!
blush.gif
Which meant with the double clear both Hattie and I had WON a PN! - the best placing for both of us to date!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Completely shocked and so so pleased
cool.gif
She's just coming out loving every minute - she really is my horse of a lifetime
grin.gif

Some piccies of her XC:

Water:
Hattiewater2.jpg

Hattiewater1.jpg

Roll Top a few strides after the water:
HattieRollTop.jpg

hedge and ditch on way home:
HattieHedge.jpg

Hanging log with whopping watery ditch underneath:
HattieTrakhener.jpg

grin.gif
Tea and Biscuits for anyone who got this far!!
tongue.gif
smile.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
Wow thats incredibal Abbie! to win her 1st two events back after injury, you must be chuffed!!! Massive well done
smile.gif

Where are you off to nxt?

KatB

Visit site
Oh WOW!! Another fantastic result!! You two really are unstoppable. HUGE HUGE HUGE well done, and wish i knew your secret
wink.gif
Other than obviously talent in bucket loads!!!!

Hattikins

Visit site
Am mega chuffed! words cant described how proud i am of her!
grin.gif
We're off to South of England next so a few well earned weeks rest from competing for her
smile.gif
grin.gif
where are you next??

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]
Am mega chuffed! words cant described how proud i am of her!
grin.gif
We're off to South of England next so a few well earned weeks rest from competing for her
smile.gif
grin.gif
where are you next??

[/ QUOTE ]

Little Downham then BCA
smile.gif

Will you go to Pullborough in Oct?

Hattikins

Visit site
Thankies Kat, IZC and Vic
smile.gif
grin.gif
Cant quite believe it to be honest!!
cool.gif
Was a perfect day for eventing and my brother and Dad came to watch for the first time Since Borde Hill BE last spring!
smile.gif

All this from a horse that this time 2 and a bit yrs ago wouldnt go near an 18inch XC fence! and spent 2 hours at a water jump before i eventually had to lead her in with mum standing in the middle of the water with a haynet!!
blush.gif

Baydale

Visit site
That's another fantastic result, very well done. Are you going for three in a row?
tongue.gif

I love the photo over the trakehener: no way was she going to let the ditch monsters get you!
grin.gif
:

H-J

www.piczo.com
Thx
smile.gif
might see you at Pulborough unless they are different days!
tongue.gif
Gd luck at SOE think me and mum might pop up and watch. I love SOE was so annoyed I couldnt do it
frown.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
Thankies Baydale
smile.gif
Would be amazing to get three in a row! feel really bad about doing an intro two weekends ago now
blush.gif
but really felt she needed it having been off since Feb and not having seen a XC since then either!

She jumped that trakhener huge!!! was a loonngg way down the other side!
blush.gif
grin.gif

Hattikins

Visit site
Well am jump judging at pulborough on the day im not riding so will hopefully see you there anyway
grin.gif
smile.gif
How is Dext now? real shame he's ruled out the rest of this season
frown.gif
But im sure he'll come back even better next season
grin.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]
Well am jump judging at pulborough on the day im not riding so will hopefully see you there anyway
grin.gif
smile.gif
How is Dext now? real shame he's ruled out the rest of this season
frown.gif
But im sure he'll come back even better next season
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh cool will see you then on my way past!!
grin.gif

i know is a real b*mmer but life I spose
frown.gif
Vet came out Friday and still lame in trot but sound in walk, he has eggbars on at the mo which are helping. He said theres about 1/4 inch to grow out and he should be sound. they are going to fill it nxt time he is shod anyway, but soon as he is sound I can get cracking with some BSJA and BD
smile.gif
may do some XC schooling aswell to make it up to him as he does love his XC!
grin.gif

HammieHamlet

Visit site
Wow - you two are phenomenal!!!

I watched her in the SJ and for the start of the XC... It made me giggle in the SJ, as there were two girls next to me who were been told they needed to go home by their parents... they refused to leave though as 'wanted to watch the current horse go round, as she was so gorgeous
smile.gif
- hattie must have a pretty big fan club!!

Hopefully see you at SoE - provided we dont get balloted... noticed the entries are quite high already
smirk.gif

SpruceRI

Visit site
We're at Firle tomorrow - probably in the rain
crazy.gif

Great pics - have made a note that that horrible ditch/hedge thingy and the trakehner is in it again this year
mad.gif
- I hate them!!

Hattikins

Visit site
Thank you all for your lovely comments
smile.gif

J: not sure that she has that big a fan club but for some unknown reason she always seems to stand out from the crowd!!
blush.gif
glad it was in a good way today! Would be lovely to see you again at S of E
grin.gif

Jo: Good luck tomorrow! hope you have a great day with Rosie! Yup unfortunately both the hedgey thing and trakhener were in it and so was the big wagon on the hill before the hedgey thing, but the big red house before the water is now just a pheasant feeder and the house is in the novice course!! fingers crossed the weather holds for you!

Martha: thank you!! i promise you luck does change but my word its taken a while for mine to! where is your next
outing??

Ladytia: not sure we're unstoppable! will probably fall off next time out!! its just so nice to be out eventing!!!
grin.gif

C_H: not sure that a hat trick is on the cards as S of E is fairly stiff competition wise! but we'll give it our best shot
smile.gif
Just pleased she's out, enjoying herself and is still sound
smile.gif
really really hope it stays that way! just taking each week as it comes!