First 2019 weekend plans

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Brrr, chilly! What's everyone got planned?

I'm just deciding on some last minute arena hire this week, and then it's moving day on Saturday for the orange girls (well, orange and pink at the moment). I hate moving horses, the logistics are always difficult, but at least they will have each other so hopefully won't be too stressy. Finish moving house after that. Ugh! Hope I've made the right decision.

Hope others have more exciting plans to post about cos god knows I'll need some light relief afterward ;)

DressageCob

Visit site
I have no plans. I was contemplating a dressage to music but haven't got transport so I'll have a quiet weekend with the ponies. I have some lessons planned. Unfortunately, I have pulled my back so I'm not sure I'm up to riding much anyway!

Have a great one everyone :)

Bernster

Visit site
Sounds busy! I’ve missed so much horsey time over Xmas so I’m looking forward to a whole weekend of messing about down the yard. Bliss, Really would prefer if it wasn’t arctic like conditions but I hear a cold Jan is forecast.

Annoyingly my new lorry uprating has finally come through but it means I might need to schlep over to surrey on Sunday (and impose on a friend to pick me up) and no lorry for a couple of weeks whilst it gets sorted. Grrrrrrr. There goes my plans to hunt a bit more 🙁 I’ll use the time wisely though and do some fitness work for us both. At least then I’ll have a 4.5t and able to take a friend along, which should be fun.

Fiona

Visit site
I need to go showjumping on Saturday to check out a new venue for us...

Feeling a bit meh, as I chickened out of going XC on new years day, I need a good kick up the bum :(

Also Daisy pony got excited and bucked F off at a forest ride which isn't great for his confidence, and my bank account as I need to buy him a new hat.

Fiona

milliepops

Visit site
Tell us about the move MP :)

Fiona
not much to tell, current yard has become impossible to cope with due to newly imposed random restrictions on the school, so I can only really train at home 3 days a week (and it's 3 days in a row, which really doesn't work, they need days off in between!!) So in order to move horses somewhere sensible we also have to move house otherwise there's too much travel involved for everyone. One time I'm glad we're only renting ;) got keys to new house before xmas and have got bed and fridge in so it's liveable :p it's small but an upgrade from current place.

currently living like nomads between the 2 houses. Millie and Twiggy will be in walking distance from new place and the others 10 mins away by car. New yard seems safe and sensible but you never really know til you move in, do you! I just wanted somewhere with good stables as Kira is such an awful boxwalker, and daily turnout and a nice school, those boxes are ticked so fingers crossed.

Fiona

Visit site
not much to tell, current yard has become impossible to cope with due to newly imposed random restrictions on the school, so I can only really train at home 3 days a week (and it's 3 days in a row, which really doesn't work, they need days off in between!!) So in order to move horses somewhere sensible we also have to move house otherwise there's too much travel involved for everyone. One time I'm glad we're only renting ;) got keys to new house before xmas and have got bed and fridge in so it's liveable :p it's small but an upgrade from current place.

currently living like nomads between the 2 houses. Millie and Twiggy will be in walking distance from new place and the others 10 mins away by car. New yard seems safe and sensible but you never really know til you move in, do you! I just wanted somewhere with good stables as Kira is such an awful boxwalker, and daily turnout and a nice school, those boxes are ticked so fingers crossed.

Really hope all goes well.....

What an upheaval :(

Fiona

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Am hoping we don't have arctic frosts as have 1st Trec training session on Sunday with B Fuzzy, trying to keep outings quiet for her as still looking poor (but much better than when she came back 4.5 weeks ago) as she's a buzzy soul. Its indoors, but if cold, will be even colder in there lol.
Now seem to have a weekly training session on my calendar till end Feb!
Hope the move goes well MP x
Good luck to those competing :)

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Moving house to move yards is impressive commitment to your herd!! Hope it all goes well.

I had my photo shoot from my Secret Santa, Photo_Jo today. It was with all 3 horses and the dog. It was freezing cold but it will be worth it for the lovely pics she took. Can't wait to see them properly. We all have an Arena Eventing Clinic on Sunday which will be fun.

blitznbobs

Visit site
*Drum roll* my trainer has bullied me long enough -last night I joined BD ... huge step for me I’ve not competed due to having little kids for 4 years but new instructor got cross with me cos cobbo is so good now he deserves to be seen apparently (think she wants me to do the gypsy cob thing as well as the mainstream stuff) so barring disasters I will be entering a novice with him at the end of jan - she said take him out at elementary but I’m sticking to slow and steady - we’ll see how we do and progress up from there

Henry horse (big baby but officially 6 now ) having never really seen an arena can now trot in a rhythm with a bend or straight (at my behest) on both reins - his canter is naturally very good and we have a baby canter transition now and he’s going to his first training clinic in 2 weeks so I really could do with checking he loads... of he does he’s ‘as sold’ which will be a blinking miracle cos I was told he was ‘perfectly behaved’ which I never believe ... but it seems I’ve found a gooden... I’ll update you on the loading issue 😉

Chippers1

Visit site
Showjumping again for me on Sunday, going to attempt our first ever 80cm competition course 😱 jumped round a full up 80 at a hired course on Monday and he was really good so going for it. We need to start them at some point! Nervous though...
Going to do the 70cm first to check he's ok (after last Friday...) and to get our confidence up. He's had a little clip too so he won't be too sweaty in between classes now!

Wheels

Visit site
Good luck with the move MP

What is the new venue you're going SJ at Fiona?

Will we get to see some of your pics AE? I would love to get some pics done of me and M, in the summer when his sleek shiny coat is through.

Not much for us, we've had a very busy couple of weeks so will just be hacking for the next few days. My tow car has it's MOT on Saturday and providing it passes we might go to the beach on Sunday

milliepops

Visit site
Moving house to move yards is impressive commitment to your herd!! Hope it all goes well.

haha! seems almost normal to me, I've moved 5 times in the last 3 years, well this will be the 6th, and 3 of those times I moved the horses too ;) I really hope there will be less haring around all over the place after this one though :)

would also love to see your pics when you get them AE :)

sportsmansB

Visit site
I need to go showjumping on Saturday to check out a new venue for us...

Feeling a bit meh, as I chickened out of going XC on new years day, I need a good kick up the bum :(

Also Daisy pony got excited and bucked F off at a forest ride which isn't great for his confidence, and my bank account as I need to buy him a new hat.

Fiona

Where you off to on Sat Fiona?
I saw about Daisy getting a bit excited :-( Hopefully F will brush it off. She really is a lovely pony

Fiona

Visit site
What is the new venue you're going SJ at Fiona?

Its not new, just new to us. Need to go to the Meadows and jump 60 and 70, so that I can go to flexi eventing the following week (as their SJ starts at 70 and XC at 80).

Fionn has never been, except once for PC dressage.....

Hope your MOT goes well...

Fiona

Fiona

Visit site
Thanks sportsmans B.

She's turned out 24/7 and was ridden 6/7 days a week over the hols.... I'm introducing performance related feeding (ie none ;) )

We were jumping ditches in Tollymore, and she let rip after one, poor F didn't stand a chance... So I got on and of course she was angelic with me as she knew she'd get her bottom smacked if she tried anything lol..

Fiona

Wheels

Visit site
Its not new, just new to us. Need to go to the Meadows and jump 60 and 70, so that I can go to flexi eventing the following week (as their SJ starts at 70 and XC at 80).

Fionn has never been, except once for PC dressage.....

Hope your MOT goes well...

Fiona

Oh good luck, I really like the meadows, I had a lesson there yesterday over some of the XC fences, great set up.

I might see you there for flexi eventing one of the weekends. Will you do all 3 phases?

Hopefully your sons pony issues are resolved soon x

Fiona

Visit site
Oh good luck, I really like the meadows, I had a lesson there yesterday over some of the XC fences, great set up.

I might see you there for flexi eventing one of the weekends. Will you do all 3 phases?

Hopefully your sons pony issues are resolved soon x

Dressage and SJ, can't see me getting the bottle for XC.....

Thanks

|Fiona

Asha

Visit site
im going to need my brave pants. Me and Pip are having our first go at Arena Eventing. Somerford have put up a 'baby' xc course in one of the arenas, so having a lesson on Saturday. I was excited, but as it gets closer, im starting to get that impending doom feeling.
Good luck with the move MP
Bernster - what do they do to uprate a 3.5t to a 4.5t ? What payload will you end up with ?

rosiesowner

Visit site
Just an UA prelim test for us this saturday. Next show hopefully will be our first affiliated! Just aiming to enjoy it really as we haven't been out in over a month with all that's been happening. Plus OH is grooming for the first time!

Bernster

Visit site
Bernster - what do they do to uprate a 3.5t to a 4.5t ? What payload will you end up with ?

I have to confess, I don’t really know haha. It seems to involve the dvla taking forever to book it in - they come to do an inspection then it needs to go in for a further check/certification, then I can register it. Freddie Gover did the build so I’m leaving it in his capable hands! I should get a 1.8t payload or thereabouts, whoop.

Asha

Visit site
I have to confess, I don’t really know haha. It seems to involve the dvla taking forever to book it in - they come to do an inspection then it needs to go in for a further check/certification, then I can register it. Freddie Gover did the build so I’m leaving it in his capable hands! I should get a 1.8t payload or thereabouts, whoop.

That's brilliant, ive been thinking of changing to one, but wasn't sure if I could get the payload for 2 ID's, its great to see you can . thanks ! What chassis is yours ? Ive got a Vauxhall movano chassis I could use .

Bernster

Visit site
Ooh interesting. I had a movano but not sure if that was ok to take to a 4.5t. I know you can def get them to a 3.9t which isn’t bad for taking 2, mine had 1.4t payload but was very basic. This one I have now is a Citroen. I think it was a relay, you can tell I’m not great with details hah. If I can get 1.8t I’ll be super happy as I think I can comfortably take 2 with that.

Asha

Visit site
Ooh interesting. I had a movano but not sure if that was ok to take to a 4.5t. I know you can def get them to a 3.9t which isn’t bad for taking 2, mine had 1.4t payload but was very basic. This one I have now is a Citroen. I think it was a relay, you can tell I’m not great with details hah. If I can get 1.8t I’ll be super happy as I think I can comfortably take 2 with that.

that makes sense, as one of the horsebox maunfacturers I spoke to recommended citroen, they said movano where too heavy. Thanks again

DirectorFury

Visit site
Heat forming hoof boots and hacking for us as the Disco is back on the road :D. Both commons should be dryish so we might venture up to the top common if she's good.