First a mare aborts, now this ...

Eothain

Visit site
What a morning. My Ojasper x Flagmount King x Euphenism mare, (Hereafter called Jasmine), foaled this morning.

Beautiful blood type filly by the thoroughbred Musical Pursuit who from his second crop of foals has already got a successful 1.30m jumper. Not bad considering he wasn't registered as a sports stallion until 2 years ago.

Yep, gorgeous filly. Black with a white star and a small white stripe.

Pity she was stillborn

angrovestud

Visit site
I am so sorry for your loss I know how this feels as we lost one 2 months ago stillborn at term, My thoughts are with you.xx

mle22

Visit site
Sorry to hear this - I know from reading other threads how passionate you are about horses and breeding. x

NeverSayNever

Visit site
aww man:( im so sorry to hear this, truly gutted for you:(

have there been a lot of fatalities with foals so far this year, because of the bad winter? i ask because a young girl that i teach (12 yr old) has been excitedly telling my about her pony being due a foal, and sadly , it was stillborn:( her family do a fair bit of breeding (and i know nothing about it really) and they had suggested a higher number not making it this year?

Enfys

Visit site
:( So sorry to read this, what a bummer, such a disappointment.
I hope that Jasmine is OK though.

Irishlife

Visit site
Oh F and double F.

My heart goes out to you C. I am in bloody tears here, I know what it means to you devastating news.

Any reasons? or one of those things? Did you EHV-4?

Hearts and hugs, all part of this breeding game as we know so well.

Shattered for you

XXX

Alec Swan

Visit site
Eothain,

the worst possible news. It never seems to happen to those who don't care, does it? perhaps we just don't hear of their disasters.

All the hopes and ambitions, dashed in a moment. If blokes are allowed to send each other "hugs", then there's one en route!

Alec.

Eothain

Visit site
Thanks folks. Truly, this breeding game sucks some times.

To be honest, I'm not really surprised. Gutted, yes but for the past fortnight I've had a sneaking suspicion that all was not alright. I said I'd let nature take it's course and unfortunately this is the result.

There was nothing we could do. She was born dead. There goes any plan I may have had for her to go around Badminton in 10 years time.

Deep breath, chin up, grind teeth, breath out and start again.

Still have 3 mares to foal and one of them is fairly close to it, so fingers crossed for a better result.

***Edit***

And yeah, Jasmine's ok. Mourning over her foal but she's healthy and all that.

Last edited:

Holly831

Visit site
So so sorry, It's heartbreaking - I lost a foal in March followed by my mare the next day. For some reason it has been an awful year for a lot of breeders.

(((HUGS))))

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
So sorry to hear this - I know exactly how you feel. I lost my foal two weeks ago - again like yours born dead. We nearly lost the mare as well as both foal's front legs were bent right back - took 3 and a half hours to get the foal out. Truly horrible. This was to be the first foal I'd ever bred and I had lots of plans for it... but now I just feel lucky to still have my mare. What a horrible year for breeding...

3DE

Visit site
That's such heartbreaking news :( So sorry to hear of your loss. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that the other 3 are happy and healthy x

Could you contact the foal bank so at least she has a foal to suckle?