First attempt at dressage today

spike123

Visit site
Today I did my first ever dressage test and finished 5th on a score of 63.75%.Knowing nothing about dressage I'm not sure if that is a good score or not as a rule.On my sheet the judge wrote very attractive horse-today tending to be rushed and pushed out of stride.Could do super test if given more time.Well tried. So translating that I know I was pushing him quite alot as one of our problems is getting the impulsion which wasn't even mentioned at all as being a problem so do you think this means work on getting the rhythm right and spend more time warming up? For those in the dressage know how would you translate that please?

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I know stuff all about dressage but well done
grin.gif
can congratulations

Bossanova

Visit site
Often with a lazy horse it's very easy to push and push and push beyond the horse's natural rhythm and stride- yes get him off your leg but then allow him to do some of the work and carry himself.
Well done though, thats a very respectable score
smile.gif

pocket

Visit site
Thats cool
wink.gif
I've been flogging myself in the show ring this year and have not enjoyed it at all, so going back to dressage were you are given an exact time, do your test and go! None of this hanging about for 1 1/2 hours while your horse falls asleep and you get bored.

Dressage is great, that was a fab score, keep with it
grin.gif