First BRC Area 9 Mounted Skill At Arms training and competition!

flyingfeet

Visit site
I'm very excited!

Finally I have managed to talk some of the lovely Riding Club people into giving this a go!!

Think mounted games for adults where you don't need to be that flexible and you get real weapons!

Anyone in any Riding Club is more than welcome to join in for the training on the 17th and over the bank holiday weekend there is an open show, for anyone who has tentpegged before (just pm me!)

So far we have hunters, grand prix dressage horses, ex-eventers and showjumpers all competing. If you horse is going a bit sour it is ideal to give them something completely different and is not intensive on joints and limbs (oldies are a specialty)

Hopefully I can drum up support for this fantastic sport!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think it's a great idea to get RCs involved in :). Sadly am busy on the 17th but hope you get lots of interest :)

Zebedee

Visit site
Wow !!! Let us know how it goes. Would you be interested in coming to the 'real' South West & taking a training day? It sounds great fun :)

millseysister

Visit site
Where? I'd be interested, athough probably not a great idea just 3 weeks before I get married! Any plans to do more events along these lines?

flyingfeet

Visit site
Zebedee - no problem I can pimp out the trainer! He is coming up from Devon on the 17th as spends quite a lot of time there.

Millseysister - its far safer than a jumping clinic, you can do on unmounted too - I'll send you the details!

millseysister

Visit site
Yes please, not sure if I can go at the moment, but it sounds like fun and the sort of thing my OH would be interested to watch! will pm you my email if that helps :) thanks

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
That sounds fantastic - well done for your initiative. I had skill at arms lessons as a teenager and loved it, it would be fantastic if it became more of a riding club sport. I think my boy would love it, so please do a report on how it all went organisation and participation wise, and maybe I'll be able to convince a club near me to give it a go.

flyingfeet

Visit site
Well I'm amazed its not a bigger sport, as its gratuitous fun on horseback, plus there are amazing opportunities when you are trained!

Ideal for horses that aren't worldbeaters or those heading to retirement - I LOVE the fact that someone cannot buy an expensive horse and beat you. I think its probably the most level playing field sport in the equestrian world!

Also I'm a little surprised how far Area 9 is from Area 10!!

BRC%20Area%20Map%202012.ashx

miss_c

Visit site
Also I'm a little surprised how far Area 9 is from Area 10!!

Area 9 is a very new area - in it's 2nd or 3rd year of existence. The clubs that are a part of it used to be part of either Area 12 or Area 18, and I for one am glad I no longer have to trek right down south for area qualifiers from Bristol! I was on my RC Committee at the time of it coming into effect and we all agreed it was a great thing for our club and other clubs in the area.