First competition! Pictures

Jo1987

Visit site
Put my brave pants on at the weekend and entered my first ever proper competition! We've been out to a few clinics and a clear round so I thought it was time to have a go.
It was arena eventing, we did the 50cm and 60cm, came last in both as we were much too slow but we jumped everything and had a great time! He was so well behaved and took it all in his stride.
So pleased with him, I don't think we'll ever be competitive but being able to get out, join in and have fun is a dream come true for me :)

image_zpspuz9edq6.jpeg

image_zps3whuuibs.jpeg

Jo1987

Visit site
Thanks folks, I'm quite used to coming last but it's usually because I've fallen off or been eliminated, so to have managed to get round without incident is really lovely, especially as it's on one I've trained myself.
Yes I'm looking forward to getting out and about through the summer :)

Kima

Visit site
Fantastic! Who cares if you come last, you look like you both enjoyed it and that's what matters!

atropa

Visit site
Aw lovely! Very well done to both of you, and fantastic pics. I'm doing my own first arena event soon eek!

rowan666

Visit site
what a handsome chap he is! who cares of your last, having a your horse behave well and try it's best is far more rewarding than a struggle and a rosette :)

Jo1987

Visit site
Thanks everyone, I'm super proud of him.
He was not my type at all when I bought him as a 4 year old - I thought he'd just be a safe hack, but he's got such a lovely attitude and will have a go at anything!
It's so nice to have a partner in crime to have fun with.