First competition report with pics- BE90 at Stafford

wispagold

Visit site
Well, this is my first competition report and it isn't even about me! My little sister did her first BE90 at the weekend and I was very proud of her and felt I should tell everyone all about it.

We bought Sadie (previously known as Lady) from BroadfordQueen a few years ago and have been taking things slowly. Sarah has always been quite wussy about jumping but Sadie is so bold and loves it so much that Sarah decided she wanted to have a go at eventing. So after a year so pony club they have progressed to BE.

The day started with an early start at dressage was at 9. Sadie warmed very nicely, she was much more calm than Sarah! The test was good, nothing horendous just a bit green, needs the edges smoothing. Some rushed and unbalanced and transitions but a very good first try.

dressage.png

dressage2.png

A quick run round the XC course which looked a nice first course, nothing to worry about apart from remembering where to go! And onto the showjumping. The course looked fine, Sarah was a bit worried about the last fence which was up-to-height. Sadie made nothing of it and after a dodgy stride into the first fence jumped a lovely flowing round with just 1 time fault (which was a bit of a suprise as it certainly didn't look slow).

last fence
DSCF3950.jpg

Then the fun part, which Sadie was well up for! Jumped a fantastic clear with no sticky bits. Managed to finished 3 seconds inside the time dispite Sarah stopping dead in the middle of the course after fence 3 to get her stirrup back!!! Told her next time they need to go up to holes and also added small story about Mark Todd and Badminton and bascially told her next time to just get on with it!

Warm up fence
DSCF3957.jpg

DSCF3959.jpg

DSCF3958.jpg

XC course
DSCF3961.jpg

DSCF3962.jpg

So they finished with a double clear. Got 40 for dressage which was the bottom half but nowhere near the worst. Not seen sheet yet but seemed fair to me as obvious areas to improve but also some very nice work. Finished in 15th place!

So a very good start and smiles all round!
DSCF3954.jpg

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
I knew this horse before Broadford Queen bought her and she did a fantastic job in bringing her on, something which it looks like your sister has continued!
She was a pony I wouldn't have looked twice at before and now she looks fabulous :D

Well done :D

wispagold

Visit site
what a brilliant day :D pics look great- esp the XC ones :D
where next?

Thanks everyone!

Erm next might be eland lodge but not sure as haven't booked in for anything yet. Thought we would see how this one went first!

We have my other sister Harriet to thank for the photography!