First dressage marks :)

Equi

Visit site
My nerves (not ridden but in general) stop me going out to shows. I trust my horse 100% but i just can't cope and why put myself through that. Yard put on a little open to anyone league at the yard recently cause so many shows were cancelled so that was in my comfort zone and i learned a little into A. Even though it was in my yard, my knees were still knocking and i had to hold onto Jed and BREATHE at one point before mounting. This is why i don't go to shows lol so anywho i had a good warm up then went and did my little test and it went really well! We got 65.8% We have to work on our walk a lot but our trot was nice and hes 100 so wasn't going to be getting 8/9 for collection and self carriage etc. Super proud of the old man, but proud of myself too. It was casual so i didn't have gear on, but i wish i had now cause it would have been more special but i was too nervous and felt gear would make me even more so. So i wore my hiviz cause thats also my comfort zone lol

109538253_10221018886079303_6877478651445543827_n.jpg

109537679_10221011182246712_6818831512695517858_n.jpg

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Absolutely brilliant (and cowpony’s correction makes it even better ?). As someone who suffers from comp nerves I know exactly how you feel and am so pleased you went ahead, did it and have the rosette to prove!

Cowpony

Visit site
Add up all the marks, including the collectives. Make sure you count double for the ones showing 10 x 2 (the collectives and the free walk). Make a note of the number. Add up all the marks available, making sure sure you count double for the relevant movements as before. The sheet may show the maximum marks somewhere. Divide the first number by the second number and multiply by 100. That gives you the percentage.

As a rough guide I like to add up the number of 7s, 6.5s etc. In your case you had 8x7s and 4x 6.5s. So 65% couldn't possibly have been the right answer, which is why I checked it.

Incidentally, you were robbed on the collectives too. They are meant to reflect the scores for the movements, so you should have got more 7s in the collectives than you did. Not worth challenging as it was a fun event, but you did a lot better than you thought!

Equi

Visit site
My eyes glazed over there hahhaha math doesn’t make any sense to me.

No I won’t challenge it as you say it was just fun and I don’t want to embarrass anyone but that’s a nice little upgrade!

Cowpony

Visit site
My eyes glazed over there hahhaha math doesn’t make any sense to me.

No I won’t challenge it as you say it was just fun and I don’t want to embarrass anyone but that’s a nice little upgrade!

The only time I've challenged a score I had exactly the same mark as somebody else, and lost out to them on the collectives, which had been added up wrongly. Unfortunately they found the Secretary had done exactly the same on the other person's sheet, so I didn't improve my placing :(