First event of the season - report

Cullohill

photobucket.com
Well 10 months off Bud and i went to Stafford on saturday in OPN section. Very nervous about it all as wasn't sure how Bud would react.
Worked SO hard on dressage since he's been back in work and luckily it paid off - warmed him in differently to last year and luckily he was bit calmer than usual and wamred in well but this doesn't mean good test in Bud's books but this time it did..... he dropped off leg halfway through but kept it going and eneded up with his best score to date 32.4 so chuffed.

SJ - basically i rode like a D**k, nerves got to me and i over checked, he was bit strong so difficult to ride but no excuse, we had two down was so annoyed at myself, especially as found out dressage score after i sjed.

XC - well just about got into start box without coming off v excited!! flew out box and um brakes not so good!! wasn't best round as didn't have enough control into fences so he was taking strides out, but went clear did hesitate into water off step so need to keep practising at that!! 15 seconds inside time without trying (was pulling most of the time!)

Still gutted about SJ but overmoon with dressage, will install brakes for OPN at Eland this saturday and hope i get over stupid nerves for SJ!! Still waiting for dam scores to come up on BE to see where we ended up....

Shrimp

Visit site
Well Done! Sounds like a similar day to me and I got exactly the same dressage score!
BE seems to take ages putting results up from events up here, really annoying because I want to know where we ended up too.

Cullohill

photobucket.com
It is so annoying isn't it!! def want to see the 'if only' position too!!
Well done on your dressage score, was so chuffed!! Was a nice event wasn't it.....
Do you know if the photographer has a website??

KatB

Visit site
Well done!! Very good result, and you did not ride like a d*** in the SJ! Just out of ring practice....
tongue.gif

icestationzebra

Visit site
Disagree with the D*** comment (I was with KatB and Mrs T) he just looked a bit keen - clearly happy to be back at his job. He looked super.
Well done on the dressage and on a good XC - you ought to be very pleased
grin.gif

Pidge

Visit site
He looked very calm and chilled before the dressage
grin.gif
It was really nice to meet you and Bud in the flesh, hope the photos were ok? and oh yes the horsebox was very nice, picking it up tomorrow
grin.gif
thanks for all your help in this
grin.gif

Shrimp

Visit site
The 'if only' position for me would have been 2nd! (i think) so am a bit gutted bet hey ho, first event so not too worried. Was a fab event, the ground was excellent and the whole thing was really well presented.
Photographer doesnt have a website so you had to order them on the day unfortunately. Ive order one going over fence 4 and it looks like we're flying!!
grin.gif

If got a info sheet saying that if you ring/email them quoting the reference 'Stafford ODE Sat 31/03/07 and your rider number they'll send you proofs i think. 01785 760237 wparrott@ukonline.co.uk

Cullohill

photobucket.com
Arrr hello.... and thank you.... but if you had seen me ride BSJA through winter i think you'd realise how much better we can go!!
Yes keen is a word i'd use!!! looking at the blisters on my hands from xc!!
I am pleased
smile.gif
fingers crossed we pull it together again this wkend!!

Cullohill

photobucket.com
wow 2nd how gutting!!!

i did see the photos mine over fence 4 was rubbish he took off too far out so was coming down..... it was good over the corner fence but think going to hold off and hopefully get some later in season over big scary Novice fences!!!!
was just going to look again if they had website so big thanks for details...

prudunce

Visit site
well done,wats your top tip for trying to relax a tense mare b4 dressage then??? infact shes more tense when im riding her in test. Do u warm up 4 ages??if i do.she switches off!!