First hack of the year

On the Hoof

Visit site
Unashamed happy post!
Lovely hack with four friends, no traffic! Pony behaved. Finished with champagne and cake afterwards.
(This was my first hack in six weeks as lost my confidence again when cob decided to tank off with me on the road when we met a huge lorry (no one hurt and didn't come off but lost my bottle after)).

Happy and safe New Year to everyone.

Sukistokes2

Visit site
That sounds fun, I am hacking out tomorrow, in the same boat as you really, pony decided the village sign he has past for four years was a monster, bring on a full reversal in the middle of the road, friend coming to be moral support!!! No champers however....think I am missing a trick there...;)
Happy new year!

Mrs G

Visit site
I do think Christmas Day and New Year's Day are ideal for hacking, especially in the mornings - there's practically no one about and to everyone you do see you can wish seasons greetings and people are generally in a good mood - lovely! Here's to many more happy hacks.

lhotse

Visit site
I didn't really hack this morning due to the wind, just a quick leg stretch up and down the lane. I did ride on Christmas Day, beautiful is was too!! Glad you managed to ride and hopefully restore your confidence. Remember, your horse has forgotten about the incident so it's all good from now!

buddylove

Visit site
Well done op, champers and cake sounds ideal! No riding for me as feeling a bit bleughh and weather is grim. Lovely hubby has put up new lovely shelving units in my little tack room so enjoyed organising the rugs instead!

On the Hoof

Visit site
That sounds fun, I am hacking out tomorrow, in the same boat as you really, pony decided the village sign he has past for four years was a monster, bring on a full reversal in the middle of the road, friend coming to be moral support!!! No champers however....think I am missing a trick there...;)
Happy new year!

Good luck for tomorrow!

SadKen

Visit site
I've been today as well! Went with two others, for 2.5 hours, furthest I've ever been with my mare. I learned that she likes to be in front, as there was rocking horse bouncing when we were at the back, but I surprised myself by not becoming paralysed with fear over it. I am hoping I'll become brave enough for a canter on the bridlepaths one day... but that'll be when I am no longer remotely concerned by snorting/giraffing. Mare has been ultra cuddly since we got home, I think she had a brilliant time! Kudos to everyone facing their fears in the new year x