First hack out for 8 months!

lennysmith

Visit site
VERY self indulgent post (again) from me, but I couldn't be prouder of my girly and me today.

For any of you that dont remember, I am PETRIFIED of hacking, palpitations, sweat, tears the lot! But it is NOT going to beat me.

I decided that the first time I got back on Josie after weaning would be just to have a little potter off the yard with my best friend and her boy. Well, it is p*ssing it down and has been all day. So nearly talked myself out of it, but my friend was insistent we just went out for 15 mins. She got Josie out and gave me my tack and glared at me. So I did!!!

We had one minor, 'erm, I haven't been off the yard for 8 months' type thing, a quick kick and a growl and off we went. She actually walked ahead of her boyfriend the whole way! She's such a good girl. You never would have known this was her first time off the yard in 8 months!

I'm so lucky to have found a horse that looks after me so much, even when you can see my legs shaking while I'm moving her on. This next year is going to be great!!!
grin.gif

Ash the arab

Visit site
I am so pleased for you!
That is a huge achievement for both you and Josie, your friend did the right thing forcing you to go - i bet you feel so proud of yourself and rightly so!!
grin.gif

lennysmith

Visit site
I do I really do. It was nothing to most people, but so much to me. Probably the hardest thing I have done in the last 8 months, (since i last havked her out).

Yes my friend was so right to force me. She knows me better than I know myself I think!!

Ash the arab

Visit site
I have a friend at my yard who is working through her hacking phobia. I am more than happy to spend the time riding out with her as she is determined to beat it! She is definately getting there, you'll be out by yourself in no time!! Enjoy x

Ginn

Visit site
Yay!!! Hunny that is fantasic news! You must have such a strong trusting partnership with her to do that despite all your set backs and 8 months off!

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Well done! Read your post the other day where you were saying how the thought would keep you awake feeling sick. I hope you didn't get too stressed before today and you can feel really proud of yourself and Josie.

Happytohack

Visit site
Big WELL DONE! I hacked out today with two others - was very nervous especially when we had to hack back thro lots of traffic, but i did it!) You should be well chuffed - I am!

S_N

Visit site
Oh Lenny hunny, that is fabulous news!! I am so chuffed for you!! You may be lucky to have her, but she is more lucky to have you and I reckon she knows it!!

4whitesocks

Visit site
Totally understand where you are coming from - am pretty crap at hacking on the road & never by myself - you are right to be proud of yourself - well done!!!