First hack out today... (after hack ended with an ambulance last month)

HappyNeds

Visit site
Hello everyone,

Following bad hack day at the end of Feb (thread link http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=518381) ending with bashed up hubby and very frightened me, this was 4 weeks ago today, and hubby finally feeling fit enough to jump back on, so first ride out this afternoon!

I was feeling very nervous, I knew all week we were riding out this weekend and although I really wanted to I've also been fretting about it! Hubby was of course (irritatingly! :rolleyes:) calm, and not worried in the slightest! :rolleyes::D

Anyway...not a huge hack, probably about 40 minutes, just through the woods and back up the road (not going near where the accident happened), and the important thing is ... we survived!!

Sorry if that sounds silly, but I had got myself all worked up. I'm sure next time out I will be more relaxed now, and I'm sure that will help the boys.

They were quite fresh as they've not been ridden for 4 weeks since it happened (although they do live out so they have plenty of opportunity to let off steam when they want to), but we had a few joggy 'spooks' with a few steps of trot (we were trying to just stick to walk), but nothing serious, so that's great.

Got back to the field, washed them off and led in the sun in the paddock with them rolling and munching around us, feels very special.

Still nothing useful from the police about what happened, they came out on the Monday afterwards and took our statements, and told us they would investigate (starting with the land owner etc) and they would be in touch. They haven't. Hubby has phoned twice over the last 4 weeks to see if there is any update or progress and the last time he called they politely but firmly told him not to call anymore, and they would be in touch in their own time (probably just a letter with the usual crime reference number and 'sorry we couldn't prove anything conculsive...') but I may be wrong? I'll let you all know if anything does come of it, but I just wanted to share this afternoon with you all.

I can't thank you enough for all your support last month when I posted the thread about it, looking back it really helped me to write it all down, and read your kind comments and feel that I had support.

Thank you guys :):)

Hope you've all enjoyed the lovely sunshine with your ponios and neddies today

Princess Jess

Visit site
Aww thats really good, I'm so pleased for you! I remember reading your other post and am really glad to hear that your both well again and back in the saddle!
Wishing you many happy hacks from now on :)

Dave282B

Visit site
Bloody well done to you both. I hope the initial incident ends with prosecution of the bikers
There are so many considerate bikers and these need their comeuppance

HappyNeds

Visit site
Thank you, it was a very small accomplishment by many people's standards I know - but I felt like I'd won the grand prix when we got back all safe and sound! :D