First horse trials with the TB, proud moment report!

Lyle

Visit site
So Mr Cruzy and I embarked on his first ever horse trials this weekend, competing in the official Introductory.

I'm incredibly stoked with how he performed all weekend, although on paper it wasn't particularly outstanding :p he did behave beautifully.

Dressage was bright and early at 8.07 on Saturday morning, and I was smuggly warming up thinking how well I had timed the warm up; he was primed to enter the ring. But wait! There was no judge :confused: which put a good 25 minute delay to the proceedings :rolleyes:Cruzy became a bit overcooked, and wasn't helped when the judge belled me for an error I hadn't done :rolleyes: and he got a little confused about repeating the canter work. He was sweet enough though, and ended up with 65%.

A quick gear change and then headed to the SJ. A nice twisty course, but nothing two dramatic. I hopped on and popped a few fences, and nearly went into orbit! Went into the ring, and he jumped his little socks off, resulting in a clear, albeit slightly messy round at times. Big pats though!

Photos can be found here so as not to incur the spiteful wrath of the button pusher. They are bought and paid for photos specific for internet use so neh :p

My cross country wasn't until 3.30pm on Sunday, which gave me plenty of time to mull the course over. Cruzy warmed up like a fire cracker, he knew something new was about to happen. I headed him to start box with mild apprehension, but had nothing to fear :D

He jumped around like he had done it before, I was absolutely thrilled! He did have a run out at a treble of angled logs, it came after a long gallop stretch and he may have not re-engaged the brain enough, and his nanna rider probably didn't help.

A video of some of the round can be seen here that my mum kindly filmed :D

Thanks for reading :D

Lyle

Visit site
Thank you :D The attitude is definitely a major battle already won!

Yeah Mum :eek: does the river-dance every time she films me! :eek:

Maisie2

Visit site
Well done both :) What a shame about the long wait in the dressage, it's really annoying when you think you've timed it just right, esp after a very early start (I assume). He certainly gave the sj plenty of space:) You both looked as if you enjoyed the xc and for his first time out he looked pretty confident. I'm pleased to find another mum with excellent videoing skills, just like mine :D Which is why I don't do it any more ! Hope we have some more reports from Oz, it's always interesting to see reports from outside the UK. Have you got any more events planned?

Lyle

Visit site
Thank you Maisie2 :)

I love this forum because of how different everything is over your side of the world! It really intrigues me :eek: But it doesn't matter where in the world we are, all us equestrians can relate to the trials and triumphs experienced!

I'm hoping to do 2 more Intro runs, then hopefully I've got a spot at un unnoficial PC event, then step him up a grade into Prelim for the 3DE in December. So just quietly quietly in competition to keep the confidence up and school him up a bit on the technical side too.

I'm so pleased that I've got something that seems like it will really enjoy his job! It's been too long since I've been eventing, this is my first start since Easter last year!

Gingey2

Visit site
He is lovely! With a very cute little face in your pro pics :D Definitely seems keen enough for the XC which is great for a first time...

Lolo

Visit site
He is so cute! At least you're in the frame for 90% of the video, and there's no comments such as "Ohh, I'd really like some wine !" (cigarette cravings feature strongly in videos too)and "Is that them? No. Oh, it is? Ohh, I'm filming the wrong horse!"...