First PN report (long)

I_A_P

Visit site
went to little downham today to do my first PN very very scared as my flatwork has been terrible as millie had turned into little miss arguementative!

felt really out of place in the dressage as every one looked so great, and had to go and do my test after matt ryan! bit intimidating(for me anyway)

anyway she went quite nicely, i know where it could be better and my comments i think were quite fair, and what i need to improve is what im now working on, so happy. however we got 37.6 whih altho isnt that great byt the time i left it was about 7th ish best dressage....may not be very acurate but certainly not at the bottom!!

sj she was spooking at the black mud as it had become quite slippy, warmed up beautifully, then went in and had 4 down and 5 time faults
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
so disapointed, but afterwards mum said she looked like she was twisting over every fence and not quite jumping how she normally does, so shall sort out with intructor this week! soo soo disapointed as we had a chance with my dressage score, and she totally didnt do herself justice at all! should have a pro pic in the post though!!

xc was great-went the wrong was up the wrong side of one of the dykes so circled and galloped the rest of the way as thought id get time penalties, actaully came in clear and 4 secs under time! so chuffed as course had a few skiniies and bright fences, as well as some good combinations, but she just flew round!

ended with 58.6 stil incredibly siaspointed with my sj after the last few weeks of going out and having fairly good rounds thought id started to crack her issues! never mind somehting to work on again i suppose!

heres alink to the pics, any comments would be appreciated...the sj were the best of a bad bunch tbh!!

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/fran123t/event%20pics/little%20downham/?sc=1&addtype=local

teapot

Visit site
Well done. Atleast you know she's capable of the course heights etc.

Fab pics too
grin.gif

That the last of the season then?

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Well done a really good result seeing it's her first PN. Don't worry about the SJ thay often don't go the best when the going is quite slippery. You have shown that the dressage potential is there and a clear XC is great.

Bet you can't wait for next season now?

Thistle

Visit site
Don't worry about the sJ there were hardly any clears, even Willough struggled (she was clear but untidy, very unlike her).
Ther ground was odd dried out nicely for the Intros though!

I wonder if you jumped just before Bee, that person had 16 and 5 time too.

I_A_P

Visit site
thanks very much!!! i am really pleased as my dressage i know can be worked on a lot yet and i have my new saddles coming soon so i know thwy wont be restricting her like mine:) cant wait!!
and i can hopefully do some more sj, but it depends on how i can keep her fit, and she will be getting time off!

but i definatly cant wait for next year, my only ever dream was to go Pn and i cant actually believe i have done it now!!

I_A_P

Visit site
yer the ground wasnt great was it, i think she lost her confidence after sliding into no.3 as she was going ok till then! and i also cant believe how quickly the ground dried out!!!

I_A_P

Visit site
well my instructor has been saying i should aim for it, but i would just love to have a good time PN! and a double clear would be brilliant
smile.gif

I_A_P

Visit site
thanks everyone, iv got over my disaspointment of the sj, as iv been working on it and after the last few weeks thought i was getting somewhere!! really looking foward to next season now!!:)