first rant!!!!

siennamiller

Visit site
My first ever rant on here.
My mare went off to MFH_09 last week so I only have my boy now. He is with his 2 other friends and new livery who arrived yesterday.
I already said I am quite happy for all 3 of them to ride together and for them to leave him on his own. But! This morning, first ride out they have gone out for 3 hours! Luckily he has lost a shoe and is a bit sore so he is wandering round forlornly, whinnying every couple of minutes and not bombing round
! I have got to go to Lunch with OH family today so can't stay with him.
I just thought for the first time they might go for an hour so he gets used to it slowly!
mad.gif
mad.gif

Have come home and cried (bloody pregnancy hormones !)
Am I being unreasonable?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
If the others knew/expected him to miss his friends (and they should've, really) then it was rather inconsiderate of them, but unless you actually mentioned it to them I don't think they're really to blame for going so long. Perhaps you could ask them to take things a bit more slowly. Lots of things are going on in your life at the mo, what with the pregnancy and mare going, so you're bound to be a bit more sensitive.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
That was a bit inconsiderate for a first time I think and I hated those hormones, made you feel the least little thing so intensely, it all doubles up doesn't it until it's a mammoth 'thing'! Try not to take it to heart, it would have been a thoughtless act, not deliberate, I'm sure. Perhaps a quiet word with them or ask them to give you warning if they're going to be out that long again would help. Hopefully, horsey will have got usd to being on his own shortly so it won't be a problem. Would it help if they could stable him while they're out or make things worse, would he stress more?

Bea is fine, has settled in really well, made friends with Joey and Misty, only seems Dotty has a problem with her and that is restricted to faces - which Bea doesn't take any notice of!!
smile.gif

Enjoy your lunch!

severnmiles

Visit site
3 hours? Are they training for the Grand National???

I hope your lad is ok, its shame people can be so insconsiderate around horses.

samsaccount

Visit site
i don't think you are been unreasonable, i woudln't be happy about it either. Although since you said you didn't mind them leaving him, they probably didn't consider that the legnth of time they were out was too long to begin with. Glad to hear your boy was not too stressed out after been left for so long and i hope he won't be too sore soon and i hope you enjoy your lunch
smile.gif

siennamiller

Visit site
Thanks everyone, I know he will get used to it, I just wanted him to get used to it bit by bit! Never mind.
Bea is a poppet with other horses isn't she, and yes the hormones are a bloody nightmare
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Lunch was lovely
grin.gif

Thanks
xx

Tia

Visit site
Eek! I'm going to get shot down here (but what's new eh?
crazy.gif
) - yes I think you are being a little unreasonable to get so upset about them going out riding for 3 hours. Sorry.
blush.gif

siennamiller

Visit site
I don't mind them riding for three hours and leaving him, I just think it would have been considerate to go for an hour maybe the first few times. This is a horse who has not been left on his own for about 3 years.
You are entitled to your opinion, that is why I posted
smile.gif

Tia

Visit site
Yes they could have done it a bit more gradually if they knew he hasn't been alone for that length of time, I admit it was a little thoughtless of them. Having said that, at least you now know that he will be fine on his own. Bet he was pleased to see them back though - they are back now aren't they?

siennamiller

Visit site
Lol, yes they are back now!
grin.gif

Well, I knew he would be ok on his own but wanted it done gradually. He is just a bit miserable at the mo cos he was quite attached to Bea who MFH_09 has now.

Tia

Visit site
Aww bless him. They do miss their friends when they leave. Maybe you should say something to the girls? They possibly didn't considered there would be a problem, so it will make you feel better and enlighten them a little if you were just to say something nicely to them. Just say that right now while he is missing his friend, you would appreciate it if they could do shorter rides for the first couple of weeks.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I have to be honest, it wouldn't even occur to me to have checked with you first if your horse would be ok on his own - he's your responsibility not the other livery people.

Sorry, but I think you're being a bit unreasonable.

jemima

Visit site
Sorry - I put it partly down to pregnancy hormones (been there done that, surely they were supposed improve before the "baby" was 21) but I guess I'd have done it myself.

I can just see you being all happy and nice and saying "yes of course he'll be alright on his own" meaning, "well break him in gently and he'll get used to it" and not realising that they would take it as "he's absolutely fine won't bat an eyelid however long you're gone."

He will get used to it - mine all scream if they are left by themselves but the get over it quite quickly.

Best wishes

siennamiller

Visit site
One of them is my best friend, the other one a good friend and obviously a new livery, we have been together for ages so it isn't really a livery yard tbh.
I would not have done it with the other horses, in fact two of them I wouldn't even think of leaving on their own, I would change my plans because the horses would freak out and they are not my responsibility either

siennamiller

Visit site
I am quite happy for him to be on his own, just thought they might break him in gently if you know what I mean
grin.gif

My best friend knows him very well (since I have had him) and I thought she might think about it a bit but there you go..........
Please tell me these hormones will not last 21 years
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif