First report of 2012 (or getting prepared for it!)

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
Back in August I attempted BE for the first time and it was a disaster! Some of you lovely folks kindly gave me some advice on what had gone wrong on the SJ round (in case you need a reminder :eek:
Beckwithshaw SJ round.

Since then I've has a few lessons from a local eventer and on Sat I toddled off to a XC clinic where she was teaching. Now whilst this isn't a fair comparison, as its XC and not SJ, does it look better? doing better?

Disclaimer! Some of the jumps were tiny, but the aim of the session wasn't height, it was about technique and me riding properly, getting confident about what to do. It didn't all go swimmingly and there were a few rider errors Not quite going to plan!

But what I learnt - play the cards you're dealt and when it doesn't go to plan, sit up and kick on! Playing with the cards you've been dealt

It's far from perfect and still lots of work to do, but hopefully there's an improvement?

Thanks for reading and sorry for the rambling and any good advice more than welcome. Three Krispi Kreme doughnuts left in the kitchen if you're quick, can't remember what type though! Oh and finally a public thank you to Pearlygirl and her OH for taking us in her trailer!

PS Another disclaimer, sorry for the quality of the vid, the tape is on it's way out. Sorry also for the loud instructor, haven't quite worked out how to edit without audio!

Last edited: