First ride in 15 months up date

pocket

Visit site
Well having been given the all clear to ride today I had a great ride under the supervision of Mark my trainer who has kept Ralph going for the last 15 months.

Mark worked Ralph in and then helped me on board. My knees felt great, it was my thighs and groin that gave me gip
crazy.gif
Forgotten how to use them
grin.gif

We progressed to a reasonable rising trot and then I did an adapted dismount, that being sliding off, my horse is so good and patient. I was over come with emotion and had to give Mark a cuddle......not sure he'll return
grin.gif

He has been so good to me and Ralph and now a true friend
smile.gif
So, now its onwards and upwards
grin.gif

somethingorother

Visit site
Yey glad you've made it back (sorry, i missed why u couldn't ride for so long?) the sore thighs is good, always makes me feel like im toning and flexing up lol....even though i know i'm kidding myself.

pocket

Visit site
I was in a nasty car accident having taken my friends horse to the vets, she was air lifted to the royal london and I was taken into my own a&e department, which was a shock to all my friends.

My friend has also just started to ride, despite the fact we did not think she would ever walk again.......so, it has been a tremendous journey for both of us. But with good friends and a lot of will power, both physical and mentally, we have made it.

Yes I think I will ache quite a bit more tomorrow, but, gonna have to get back on
grin.gif

somethingorother

Visit site
oh wow i dont even know what to say to that, you are inspiring and your friend sounds amazing, two very strong people. Hope everything continues to go well, and that the aches and pains get less quickly
smile.gif

pocket

Visit site
Thank you, we have had a huge journey, but as I said, we have had lots of support from friends and family, HH forum and face book has also helped
grin.gif

I think having horses is also a good mind set, your passion gives you the encouragement that you need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and move on, hooray for horses
grin.gif

I am a tad sore, but its sooooo worth it, off to do to it again now
grin.gif