First ride on Sid in 6 weeks...

4whitesocks

Visit site

Sid is now happily ensconced in his new full livery+schooling yard (15 minutes drive away) and has come back into work this week, had been off for the past 6 weeks between a splint, pregnant YO, me on hols etc.

He landed last Friday (week ago) and they rode him on Monday, he jumped a course of fences for them no dramas and while they said he was green & rushing a bit he had great potential & a lovely jump. Wednesday they took him for a hack out around the Curragh racecouse (Ryder cup on at the mo traffic mad, lots of coaches buses etc.) and while he had a good look and was on his toes he was perfectly behaved (wondering at this stage who stole Sid and who is this wonder horse they gave me instead)

They kept marvelling how easy he was to do and how well he had settled in - I guess he has never been spoilt thankfully and is generally a happy horse which is great

Today was the big day for me as I haven't ridden him in 6 weeks and they wanted to assess me on him to see what help they can give both of us over the next 6 months...I'm not the most confident and it has taken me a while to learn to trust him (have him since April but have hit the deck a few times when he has freaked out at new things etc - all normal for a green 5yo I know)

Anyway sorry for long waffley post but we got on great - in fact unbeknownst to myself I ended up jumping 90cm on him no problem at all to either of us and while my position and take-off needs a whole lot of work and his approach needs work too - I'm totally chuffed!
Hacking out in the morning with 4 or 5 others (had no-one to hack out with in last yard)& really looking forward to it
I know the yard's not perfect (post on feeding at night) but I reckon we're both off to a fairly good start, he is such a little star it really feels like finally I have my 'partner' for the long haul!
(sorry for the self indulgent post!!)

CastleMouse

Visit site
That's fantastic news 4WS!
laugh.gif
Good to hear Sid is well!
laugh.gif

4whitesocks

Visit site
Cheers DD - by this time next year when he comes to live with me full time we'll be flying it! (mind you I still have to get grass sown, land fenced, buy a trailer, get stables built.......)