First Show (South Suffolk) - First Win - Thanks Zoeshiloh!

Penniless

Visit site
An enormous thank you to Zoeshiloh who stepped in at the last minute to show our yearling filly (Sara’s Speech) in the Sports Horse Class at South Suffolk show today and did a brilliant job by winning the class.

Having been let down originally by the person who was going to show the filly (can’t show myself as having ongoing spinal surgery), we put out a plea on the forum about a week ago and a number of people responded, but two people in particular we thought would be more at ease with her as she is a pure TB and already stands well over 15hh. Sadly they had to pull out due to work and tickets to Badminton, but just three evenings ago, Zoe contacted us to ask if we were sorted.

So, thanking her for her offer, we took her up on it and she met the filly for the first time literally 5 minutes before the class. It was a great result for us as sadly we had hoped on showing this filly as a foal last year, but due to personal health problems we weren’t able to, so to start her career with a win was a great achievement. Not only that, but it continues the success for her dam (Marsara) who has had every foal she’s bred, win first time out (National, County or Agricultural Shows) and was yet another success for our stallion (Advise) who has produced another winning daughter.

(On a separate note, it was great to just switch on the PC tonight and see an email with photos of another of our stallions progeny winning his classes somewhere in Wales). Advise is a very proud dad tonight.

Sad as it is, we are forced to have to sell this filly and just hope that whoever buys her will allow her to fulfil the potential she has now shown.

The filly took it all in her stride. We had done as much practising at home as we could, including taking her for her very first trip in the lorry the other day, and come this morning, she loaded with no problem at all, travelling brilliantly, was a bit nervy when walking through the lorry park (especially when two loose dogs ran between her legs), but once at the collecting ring was very settled and relaxed totally from them on, quite an achievement considering she’s been on a pure TB yearling diet (lots of oats!) since weaning and not a show conditioning feed, although I must admit, stepping back now to look at her, I think she could do with a little more weight on her, but I don’t like my yearlings carrying too much weight, especially when they are full Thoroughbreds. She loaded brilliantly to come home and was half asleep by the time we’d done a few miles.

So it’s a massive THANK YOU to Zoe and a great day for her too as she ended up a winner with her own horse, but we’ll let Zoe fill you in with her great news herself.

Note to Zoe – can you let me have your email address so I can send the photos and video of yours to you.

Here’s a photo of Zoe with “Sassy” after winning the class.

ZoewithSassySthSuffolkShow.jpg

Penniless

Visit site
Thanks. This is the filly we had high hopes for as a foal but sadly never managed to get her out to prove it then. Sadly this photo doesn't do her justice as she was a bit tired by then, but got a really good photo session of her back at home once she'd had a nap.

Now we're desperately looking for a show for her younger sister (3 weeks old now) but hitting major problems because the mare is a winning out and out Hunter Broodmare and this year (her 8th foal) she has produced an out and out Show Hack! Anyone know of any shows where there is a mixed Horse Mare and Foal class - can travel about 80 miles radius of Newmarket.