First Showjumping Comp on Baby one!

Tarte Au Citron

Visit site
I know i dont post often but super proud of my baby pone after yesterday! :p It was a very last minute decision to go along with a friend (an hour before we set off!) as a space in her lorry unexpectedly became available, so after 2 days off since the physio off we trundled! :D

We entered the 65cm as we haven't been jumping very long after all her injuries she had. Oreo and her travel companion got a little overly attached so lots of neighing and unsettledness if one went out of sight, but they settled eventually. She coped extremely well in the warm up with everyone whizzing around at times so big pats already for that. Then after proving she's an honest horse by me being a numpty and getting duff strides into a couple of warm up fences we went in:eek3:! Well she was a star:biggrin3:! Did the first 2 perfect, nearly stopped at the 3rd but surprisingly clambered through at the last second lol, and completed the rest of the round really nicely to finish with one down :D
651_zpsdbe5d279.png

655_zps1e1cc0eb.png

Video is here for all who want to watch (im not the best rider so please be kind :eek:) http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/Adrienne_Marshall/media/MOV_0601_zps16a3e885.mp4.html

So with some encouragement and uncertainty i entered the 75cm :eek3:. Well i nearly had heart failure when i saw they put some orange fillers under the 3rd fence that we'd had trouble over and raised it - plus it all looked huge! Our time soon came and with some misgivings in we went....she flew over the first and second really nicely but the third one was just too scary for her and we got eliminated for too many refusals. They let me carry on so i did the double (which had a filler in) and the 5th, and ended it there as i didn't think she'd go over the next with a scary filler and it was more important to end on a good note. To be fair to her i havent managed to jump any fillers since she was 4 (now 6)! So i couldnt blame her at all, she had done so well in the 65 and been extremely honest most of the time, all in all i couldnt be happier with her :D plus the day proved my baby has some scope ;)
751_zps34b32d81.png

752_zps3ace9805.png

Video of first few fences (again be kind i was scared here!) http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/Adrienne_Marshall/media/MOV_0607_zps8c55e2c9.mp4.html

Millie-Rose

Visit site
Well done I went to that venue 2 weeks ago to do the 85 and 95. We compete at be 90 and regulary jump 1m plus in lessons and I thought the 95 was huge and was definitely the biggest course I've jumped in a while.
I won the 85 by being the only clear round! The 75 seemed big then as I arrived while it was in progress and had to check it wasn't the 85. I'm not sure whether that venue builds big or everywhere else is underheight but you should be pleased with your baby pony.
I do like the venue so may see you there over the winter.

Tarte Au Citron

Visit site
Well done I went to that venue 2 weeks ago to do the 85 and 95. We compete at be 90 and regulary jump 1m plus in lessons and I thought the 95 was huge and was definitely the biggest course I've jumped in a while.
I won the 85 by being the only clear round! The 75 seemed big then as I arrived while it was in progress and had to check it wasn't the 85. I'm not sure whether that venue builds big or everywhere else is underheight but you should be pleased with your baby pony.
I do like the venue so may see you there over the winter.

I think they build them big there, my friend decided to tell me this after I'd jumped so I thought it was in my head at the time lol! Thanks I am very pleased with her it was definitely the biggest course we've ever jumped :p plus had a fantastic lesson yesterday; she is on fire at the minute :D

It was a very nice venue, lovely big arena, I hope I get back there sometime over winter if I can get another lift. If I do be sure to say hi. I'll be the one on a slightly grumpy looking mare with a large scar on her hind leg, mumbling about the jumps being huge and nervously smiling ;)