First timer spectating at Belton - any tips?

Puppy

Visit site
My horse has a bit of a sore mouth, so he's having the weekend off and I'm thinking I might take the opportunity to go to Belton tomorrow, to see some of the action.

I've not been before, so does anyone have any tips, for a first timer spectator there? I am probably dragging the bf along so it would be good to know some of the best aspects to show him.

Thanks in advance :)

kerilli

Visit site
it's lovely. there's usually a really good foodie section, so you won't have to put up with a greasy burger for lunch unless you really want to!
nice course to walk, good water complex etc. lots of ace combinations due to run tomorrow, wish I could go but I'm on nurse duty here unfortunately so have had to shelve my plans!
nice shopping too, usually lots of good trade stands. other things going on in the main arena too, e.g. Stallion Show sunday morning iirc is good viewing.

amyneave

Visit site
Its a really great day out. Normally lots going on for all the family. Its not too busy like some big events, so you can easily see the xc fences without all the pushing and shoving.

Puppy

Visit site
it's lovely. there's usually a really good foodie section, so you won't have to put up with a greasy burger for lunch unless you really want to!
nice course to walk, good water complex etc. lots of ace combinations due to run tomorrow, wish I could go but I'm on nurse duty here unfortunately so have had to shelve my plans!
nice shopping too, usually lots of good trade stands. other things going on in the main arena too, e.g. Stallion Show sunday morning iirc is good viewing.

Thanks K :)

Good food is very good news for keeping the bf happy and he sounds quite keen, so looks like we'll be off early tomorrow. Yay! :)