Pictures First treed saddle for the young golden one

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Well, I promise it’s actually a gold-ish colour under all the mud.

I have bought and Arabian Saddle Company saddle in the hopes that it is more fitted to the dromedary-shaped beast in question.

Apologies for the terrible photo, it’s impossible to get her to stand still and away from me. And also so sorry for the revolting, ungroomed horse, I plonked the saddle on her in the field on a break from work.

43E5792B-3E84-4FE3-9A13-038C8B1C0AB3.jpeg

7FD30CB0-85E5-49E3-A058-2BB3B51AB400.jpeg

It is an extra wide, and 17” which I think is the smallest I can go as a person.

Does it look a bit arbitrary on her? Or am I just unused to seeing my horse tacked up ?

It has nice clearance, it seems very even on both sides and it doesn’t rock. It might interfere with her shoulder a bit but I’m not sure I’ll get away with less, with her girth groove being effectively under her chin.

She is nearly five now but hasn’t done any work as you can see from her general physique.

Any thoughts?

Flame_

Visit site
Yep, where the hell did you find that?! I'm looking everywhere.

If you end up needing to sell it can you pm me, please?

They always sit high, that's how they are.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site

I got it from another person with a pally high % Arab who had exactly the same saddle issues as I did.

I’m going to have a fitter out when COVID restrictions are less hectic and if it doesn’t fit at all, I’ll get in touch.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
It looks like a lovely saddle I have never ridden in one but it looks very comfy, Arabs tend to need wide saddles and believe me she will get bigger mine are in xx wide and that is when they are slim!

If I was being very picky I would say it needs to come back very slightly, it could be just the picture and the angle and at that age they are a bit of a strange shape anyway, but it looks like a very good but well done let me know how it rides.

You may find you need a anatomical girth she has a bit of a forward girth groove, I use the kentaur leather one on Arabi it makes a huge difference with him.

Pippity

Visit site

I've got a friend with one he's looking to sell. If you PM me with what you're looking for and it matches, I'll put you in touch with him.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Bit too far forwards, if it doesn't have a point strap it may not stay back. It may be a smidge long if you move it back to the correct place. It may be too narrow but we cannot possibly tell from the side, it may still be too high in front when you move it back to the correct place. The tree points, front edge, should be 2" behind the back edge of the scapula at the same height. It may also be bridging where it is, may or may not be corrected when it's in the right place.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
I moved it back a bit and tried a different girth (stud girth) and rode in it today.

If is very comfortable and feels very secure. Thank goodness because Mim was very excited about life today and we got all kinds of movement - some lovely and expressive, some less fun to sit ?

She felt very good in it and I felt she went well besides her freshness.